Pressure is on Manchester City - Harry Redknapp

M18CTID said:
If Redknapp really does believe it's possible to become title challengers on a shoestring budget then how come Everton are nowhere near the top? Tottenham are a very well run club and do a great job balancing the books but they also benefit hugely from their geographical location in terms of what they can charge for ticket prices and corporate hospitality, and as such replicating the Tottenham model (or the Arsenal one for that matter) outside of London would be nigh on impossible.
Absolutely spot on and something I have been saying about the inherent unfairness of FFPR for ages.
It doesn't take into account the different economies within individual countries, let alone between diffferent nations.
So City can charge more for tickets than the champions of Poland, say; but we can't get away with charging as much as London clubs because they are very different markets and economies.
So tying FFPR to income and turnover is an unfair rule from the outset.

I think the pressure is on his aorta to continue to pump that sludgy black goo through his rapidly constricting veins judging by the ruddy complexion of his cheeks and those exploded capillaries under his eyes...not long for this world that ****.

I wonder is he proud of Portsmouths FA Cup win, the only trophy of his career I think.

west didsblue said:
LoveCity said:
"I’m proud we’ve not spent like City"
Do you think he's also proud that City are contributing £5M to his wage bill this year?

is he in breach of contract? Does he not have something in his loan contract that he can not discuss City's business.

r.soleofsalford said:
toffee balls said:
Blue-Blood said:
I can't stand Redknapp but their fans are the reason I hate Spurs so much. I live in London and have to deal with them every day. I hate them, they are worse than Utd fans to the point that I would rather lose the league to Utd than to Spurs.

At the moment though I think they are the better team than us and Utd. I am hoping that they come unstuck, this weekend would be nice and the weekend after even better. If we beat Wigan then I suppose I wouldn't complain about a draw against Spurs, especially without VK and Yaya (hoping Silva will be back) but I really hope we can shut them up in the only appropriate way.

Didn't Redknapp take half of Portsmouth's players while they sank into Administration? What an honourable man.
This whole, look how much city have spent thing is becoming tedious now, it's hardly breaking news. He should remember who's paying half the wages of one of his strikers. Without us, he wouldn't have Adebayor.

In my opinion Redknapp and Van der Vaart even more so have written the team talk for us. There is not a week that goes by that Van der Vaart doesn't seem to be mouthing off about us in the Evening Standard (yes I am aware that if I live down here, I shouldn't expect anything different!).

I think we all realise that there are a lot of people who would love to see us fail and who would love to see 'plucky Spurs' win the league. We have to use this to our advantage and adopt the siege mentality many have alluded to. If we can't then we don't deserve to win it, it's as simple as that.

on the money fella.

On Wednesday walking away from the game I was as low as I have been this season and I believe the pressure is getting to us fans in a big way and we appear vulnerable.

I have had a couple of days to gather my thoughts.
I have continued to take in all the media propoganda (although I promised myself a short term news blackout) and I now see the light at the end.

Monday night is our biggest game of the season and I cant fuckin wait.
Bring it on.

Lets all stop this petty bickering at each other.
Its a game of football for Gods sake.

Stand up and be counted.

Your team needs you.

no pressure other than what is being applied by inconsistant refereeing decisions, even before the rags scored evra push his elbow into a city players face

Small comment, but very important and true. Winners do not dwell on the past and blame things out of their control.

Mancini's moaning will filter through to the players and if we're not careful it will fester into a self fulfilling profecy of failure, adopting 'the whole world's against us' mentality of losers.

Forget what's happened and deal with the here and now. The honest truth is Mancini knew about the ACON last summer so he should have planned for it. Every team has injuries and suspensions - we're luckier than most because we had more money to spend - if the squad can't cope then the manager is to blame because he didn't buy well enough. There are no excuses.........................................Also, some of our players are just not good enough and are not winners.

jonmcity said:
west didsblue said:
LoveCity said:
Do you think he's also proud that City are contributing £5M to his wage bill this year?

is he in breach of contract? Does he not have something in his loan contract that he can not discuss City's business.

i mean Adde who has been spouting off about city

jonmcity said:
west didsblue said:
LoveCity said:

lines crossed mate

ANY1aBLUE said:
r.soleofsalford said:
toffee balls said:
on the money fella.

On Wednesday walking away from the game I was as low as I have been this season and I believe the pressure is getting to us fans in a big way and we appear vulnerable.

I have had a couple of days to gather my thoughts.
I have continued to take in all the media propoganda (although I promised myself a short term news blackout) and I now see the light at the end.

Monday night is our biggest game of the season and I cant fuckin wait.
Bring it on.

Lets all stop this petty bickering at each other.
Its a game of football for Gods sake.

Stand up and be counted.

Your team needs you.

no pressure other than what is being applied by inconsistant refereeing decisions, even before the rags scored evra push his elbow into a city players face

Small comment, but very important and true. Winners do not dwell on the past and blame things out of their control.

Mancini's moaning will filter through to the players and if we're not careful it will fester into a self fulfilling profecy of failure, adopting 'the whole world's against us' mentality of losers.

Forget what's happened and deal with the here and now. The honest truth is Mancini knew about the ACON last summer so he should have planned for it. Every team has injuries and suspensions - we're luckier than most because we had more money to spend - if the squad can't cope then the manager is to blame because he didn't buy well enough. There are no excuses.........................................Also, some of our players are just not good enough and are not winners.

I agree with you with regards to Mancini's whinging ( he does remind me of the Hughes downplaying at times)

Wigan is a very big game for all sorts of reasons.

What I am trying to say is lets just get behind whoever is in the team for the next 90 minutes.

This is the only year Spurs will have a real chance of winning the title, once United, Chelsea and Arsenal have gone through their transistion stage they will not be able to compete financially and as a squad.. even for us it will be much harder when those teams have got back to the quality we are used to seeing. from them.

We just hae to grin and bear this period without our key players and try and grind out some scrappy results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.