Primal Scream - Screamadelica

can't wait. and that venue is perfect for it. going back to dpercussion, had some mint evenings/nights there. love it when it gets dark and you can see all the trains coming in over the arches. always think that must look amazing, manchester in full flight dancing to something brilliant (new order, arcade fire, janelle monae, massive attack, some incredible gigs)

so screamadelica there is going to be something else.
Brilliant picture you’ve painted there pal, can’t wait either :-)

I brought a girl home (whilst single) and we shared a bag of MDMA, I gave my Portuguese housemate a Rizla full of it and he lay in bed and listened to this album whilst I was in the other room trying to obtain tumescence. The balance is restored.
A bittersweet tale.

So time to resurrect this thread. Anyone else got tickets for Castlefields Bowl in July?

Last time I was at that venue must’ve been about 5 years ago for the first Hacienda classical shows (and a good night that was).

Bearing in mind the gates open at 5pm, I’m eager to hear who else is on the bill, and equally important, who is DJ’ing.

Either way it’s gonna be one hell of a Leo Sayer, especially if the weather is decent.
Yes me. I’ll be there.

I once saw Primal Scream and there were just 9 of us in the audience. This was obviously before Loaded. I had a single called Velocity Girl and really liked it but didn’t think much of them at this gig.

screamadelica was our “go to” post rave album in 1990 when you got back to someone’s house at 6am and the spliffs came out. I still remember the week it came out, me and my mate were on a fishing holiday in Bournemouth and we played it all week. Then I bumped into Bobby Gillespie at gig by The Orb in London when I was tripping. He had a bottle of Jack Daniel’s in his hand and I thought it was hilarious.

Can’t wait.

I brought a girl home (whilst single) and we shared a bag of MDMA, I gave my Portuguese housemate a Rizla full of it and he lay in bed and listened to this album whilst I was in the other room trying to obtain tumescence. The balance is restored.
it was the album that made the penny drop in terms of having a smoke and music for me. and it's never not sounded good since. and we've got to raise a glass to andrew weatherall whenever the album is mentioned and all. as much his album as anyone's, a genius

Yes me. I’ll be there.

I once saw Primal Scream and there were just 9 of us in the audience. This was obviously before Loaded. I had a single called Velocity Girl and really liked it but didn’t think much of them at this gig.

screamadelica was our “go to” post rave album in 1990 when you got back to someone’s house at 6am and the spliffs came out. I still remember the week it came out, me and my mate were on a fishing holiday in Bournemouth and we played it all week. Then I bumped into Bobby Gillespie at gig by The Orb in London when I was tripping. He had a bottle of Jack Daniel’s in his hand and I thought it was hilarious.

Can’t wait.
Great times mate. See you there in July :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.