Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Haaland is a goal a game. Sergio was 2 in 3 so it’s Haaland if goals are the only criteria. But they’re not, and to me it’s not clear cut by any means.

Don't think many would find it controversial to suggest that Haaland's CL record is much better than Aguero's. For starters, Aguero's record is 6 goals in a CL campaign (the same as Sterling and Jesus). Double that to get to Haaland's record (which helped City win the CL...).

Exactly.

Why can't people appreciate that we've been lucky to have seen two of the worlds top strikers?

I think there's no division. I think Haaland's qualities are down played a bit for psychological reasons, but I think that Aguero was the best big-game striker, or even player!, in PL history. (If I'm not mistaken, Aguero's record in big league games was better than Henry's.)

Personally, I put even van Basten behind Haaland, and he was one of the best CFs ever. Both Aguero and van Basten were more complete and better to watch, but Haaland is an absolute monster as a goalscorer, and goals win games.

Last edited:
Its a moot point, Haaland is off to Spain next week.
...or so I'm told online by the KFA's

Don't think many would find it controversial to suggest that Haaland's CL record is much better than Aguero's. For starters, Aguero's record is 6 goals in a CL campaign (the same as Sterling and Jesus). Double that to get to Haaland's record (which helped City win the CL...).
8 CL goals in 2016/17.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.