Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Aguero scored BIG goals for us, including the most important goal in our history. I don't think anything anyone does after will ever top that. It was a release of decades of failure, against our greatest rivals, with the last kick in the last game of the season. It was such an important goal that I don't even think Rodri's goal against Inter comes close.

Aguero was a magnificent player and had the lot - quick, skilful, created his own chances, scored against the big teams and did it for many years with us. He scored some brilliant goals and I only wish he'd won the CL as he deserved it. As a goalscorer, he had few equals and is easily one of the best players I've seen.

I do think Haaland though has the ability to become the greatest goalscorer of all time. The way he is smashing records is something else and he's a good 5 years from his peak. The way he is scoring, he's likely to break even records set in the 1920s!! I don't think I've ever seen a player with his size/speed/agility etc have so few touches but have such a big impact. I genuinely can't think of another player like him.

My view though is that Haaland won't be with us till he retires. I suspect his Dad, having been in the game, is probably quite cynical and wants his son to do well obviously, but looks like he's managing his career to some extent. I think he will leave us in a couple of years to go to Real. My gut feeling is that we won't see peak Haaland.

I just feel very lucky to see these 2 players play for us. Both have scored incredible goals and loved smashing United :)

Aguero scored BIG goals for us, including the most important goal in our history. I don't think anything anyone does after will ever top that. It was a release of decades of failure, against our greatest rivals, with the last kick in the last game of the season. It was such an important goal that I don't even think Rodri's goal against Inter comes close.

Aguero was a magnificent player and had the lot - quick, skilful, created his own chances, scored against the big teams and did it for many years with us. He scored some brilliant goals and I only wish he'd won the CL as he deserved it. As a goalscorer, he had few equals and is easily one of the best players I've seen.

I do think Haaland though has the ability to become the greatest goalscorer of all time. The way he is smashing records is something else and he's a good 5 years from his peak. The way he is scoring, he's likely to break even records set in the 1920s!! I don't think I've ever seen a player with his size/speed/agility etc have so few touches but have such a big impact. I genuinely can't think of another player like him.

My view though is that Haaland won't be with us till he retires. I suspect his Dad, having been in the game, is probably quite cynical and wants his son to do well obviously, but looks like he's managing his career to some extent. I think he will leave us in a couple of years to go to Real. My gut feeling is that we won't see peak Haaland.

I just feel very lucky to see these 2 players play for us. Both have scored incredible goals and loved smashing United :)
It’s always an obvious possibility, I just can’t see him and Mbappe there. Likewise I never imagined Messi and Ronaldo would play for the same team.

It’s always an obvious possibility, I just can’t see him and Mbappe there. Likewise I never imagined Messi and Ronaldo would play for the same team.
Me neither, but I also suspect Mbappe is happy to play for money rather than trophies. He's stayed at PSG too long and the way he's handled the move out doesn't look good. His attitude doesn't seem good and I can imagine him going to Saudi in a few years if they offer a £2m/week type contract. Afterall, it was PSG who wanted Neymar as a 'front' for their World Cup and maybe Mbappe can do the same for Saudi.

I could be wrong and Haaland stays with us, I really do, but with his Dad playing he will know 'the business' and will see it differently to us.

Both great strikers but both very different. If Haaland stayed for five years (which I don’t think for one minute he will) he would smash all of Sergio’s records. As other posters have said let’s be grateful we have Erling and appreciate the fact we had Sergio for so long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.