Prime Aguero or present Haaland

I wouldn’t worry mate.
It was a fair assessment of how you see it and whilst you’re unlikely to get much support on here with any Kane/Aguero comparisons there’s no doubt Harry has been an exceptional player.
Haaland will be way out in front by the time he hangs his boots up if injuries are kept to a minimum.

Thanks mate. I really appreciate your words.

Absolutely, I'm certain many can recognize Kane as a phenomenal player. A lot of people here rate Aguero over Haaland because the Kun was a better overall player. That's a fair take, but I just find it interesting how they suddenly don't say Kane > Aguero by the same logic. Quite hypocritical tbh.

Absolutely, I'm certain many can recognize Kane as a phenomenal player. A lot of people here rate Aguero over Haaland because the Kun was a better overall player. That's a fair take, but I just find it interesting how they suddenly don't say Kane > Aguero by the same logic. Quite hypocritical tbh.
Aguero is a God on here (and rightly so) but I said very early on in this thread that it wasn’t a fair question due to the fact Aguero was here for years and was the scorer of our most iconic goal in our history.
The correct answer of course is to be grateful of having both.

It's a City forum and a discussion/comparison on Aguero/Haaland and you decide to start off with, "Harry Kane is objectively a way, way superior all-around player than both Haaland and Sergio Aguero".
What are you thinking?

It is fanboy nonsense, putting sergio down will not wash with me, he was the prems highest scorer per min in history
It’s a bit ignorant to just rely on one statistic without any context though isn’t it

Because Kane > Kun is a stupid thing to say. That's why no one here says it. Common sense

Kane is a superior overall player than.... Aguero.

You are selling Aguero short here. Aguero had many qualities that Kane doesn't have, e.g., acceleration, close control, dribbling ability, ability to score from impossible angles, a phenomenal record in big games, etc.

I remember watching Kun when he was still at Atletico. His close control in tight situations was phenomenal, it was really difficult to dispossess him, even though he was relatively smallish.

That said, I think Haaland is probably more useful for us, especially in the CL. Aguero wasn't inferior to Kane, though.

Very different players.

Erling isn't in his prime yet, when Sergio was he was almost unplayable.

If only for 93.20 its currently Sergio !!

Given that both are incredible players, it's somewhat telling that this is the one improvement to the team over the last few seasons or two - albeit arguable. Don't get me wrong - some great business and finds.
Ah just remembered - Grealish for Sterling - a major step forward.

Last edited:
It is fanboy nonsense, putting sergio down will not wash with me, he was the prems highest scorer per min in history
Aguero finished on c108 minutes playing time for each PL goal.
Haaland's strike rate for his 52 league goals is c 83 minutes for each PL goal and overtakes Aguero for goalscorers with 50+ goals.

Those are the facts but like nearly everyone else I'm in the Aguero camp.

Aguero finished on c108 minutes playing time for each PL goal.
Haaland's strike rate for his 52 league goals is c 83 minutes for each PL goal and overtakes Aguero for goalscorers with 50+ goals.

Those are the facts but like nearly everyone else I'm in the Aguero camp.
Tbf if you’re a City fan I’d imagine right now it’s close to 100% in favour of Aguero and rightly so. Asking who you’d prefer at this point serves little purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.