Prime Aguero or present Haaland

That is not the question , it is prime sergio or present thor not what he might become
Well, at present, Haaland is injured, but if you judge it off the last 18 months and pick any 18 months of Aguero's career at City, Haaland is miles ahead.

Aguero was obviously a World Class player. But Haaland is on another level. In the last 18 months he has scored over a quarter of the goals Aguero scored for us over 10 seasons!

Sergio the better player with superior technique it is a shame Pep and Aguero didn't get more years together, Haaland is the better athlete and has better physical qualities.

I don't think that you can make that assumption after 1.5 seasons. That's why I questioned "clearly".
It's not really 1.5 seasons though is it?

in 19/20 Haaland scored 29 in 27 games for Salzburg (including 8 in 7 UCL games) - he left in Jan.

in 19/20 he scored 16 in 18 for Dortmund (including 2 in 2 in the UCL).

in 20/21 he scored 41 in 41 (10 in 8 UCL games).

in 21/22 he scored 29 in 30 (including 3 in 3 UCL games).

in 22/23 he scored 52 in 53 (including 12 in 11 UCL games).

He has scored 19 in 22 this year (including 5 in 5 UCL games).

He has scored 27 goals in 29 games for Norway.

I think it's fair to say he's been the best out-and-out goal scorer for over 4 years now. In that time he's proved it across 4 different sides and done it at the highest level in the Champions League. Aguero was brilliant but never got anywhere near to Haalands goals per game across that 4 year period.

They are totally different players and Erling has just started. If he carries on at his present level he may eventually eclipse Sergio. You can only judge them over a longer period. Haaland could become the greatest striker ever over the next decade. It is amazing to think that our club has had two of the best strikers (of all time) in the last ten years especially at a time when good strikers are so rare.

Only comparison that seems close to being fair would be the first 18 months of Sergio or the first 18 months of Erling?
Sergio's first 18 months included that goal and winning the premier league for the first ti,e
Erling's first 18 months included a record breaking goal haul, the champions league for the first time and the treble.
Erling arguably had a better team and coach to help
So in summary i have no clue!

It's not really 1.5 seasons though is it?

in 19/20 Haaland scored 29 in 27 games for Salzburg (including 8 in 7 UCL games) - he left in Jan.

in 19/20 he scored 16 in 18 for Dortmund (including 2 in 2 in the UCL).

in 20/21 he scored 41 in 41 (10 in 8 UCL games).

in 21/22 he scored 29 in 30 (including 3 in 3 UCL games).

in 22/23 he scored 52 in 53 (including 12 in 11 UCL games).

He has scored 19 in 22 this year (including 5 in 5 UCL games).

He has scored 27 goals in 29 games for Norway.

I think it's fair to say he's been the best out-and-out goal scorer for over 4 years now. In that time he's proved it across 4 different sides and done it at the highest level in the Champions League. Aguero was brilliant but never got anywhere near to Haalands goals per game across that 4 year period.
Four words
Sancho, Dortmund, Premier League.

Agueeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrroooooo!

Wake me up when Haaland has put in the time, done it over and over again, season after season, and breaks Sergio’s record.

Then, we can talk.

Sergio is, was, and shall remain the best striker City have ever had UNLESS AND UNTIL Haaland stays and does it repeatedly on a windy and wet Monday night at Stoke!

As others have pointed out, Aguero was a more complete footballer and was much better technically. He could also score from just about anywhere and create his own goals whereas Haaland is more reliant on service.

Haaland is obviously one of the best goalscorers in the world. His movement and anticipation combined with his physical attributes mean he gets a lot of chances but think Aguero was a more clinical finisher. Personally, if there was a 1v1 situation I would have slightly more faith in Sergio to score.

In the big games I always felt like Aguero could come up with a goal at any moment but I don't get the same feeling with Haaland. In fairness, he's not been here as long so that could change.

We are lucky to have had both play for our club but if I had to pick one it would be Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.