Prince (popstar) dead R.I.P

When I heard I was well pissed off. My childhood in the 80s consisted of Madonna, the pointer sisters, Bruce Springsteen, freddy Mercury, Elton John and Prince. We've lost an icon today,

FFS, that one hurts.

So true and simply put. Was exactly my text to my friends when the news broke.

First "slow dance". Seventh grade. Last song of the night. Purple Rain. Remember the song. And the feelings. Not the girl.

Thank you Prince. RIP

I recall being in London with an ex ... walking past the Dominion Theatre ... and saw the sign outside saying 'Tonight! From USA, Prince' .... I said 'Heard he's supposed to be pretty good ...' and walked on as we were meeting friends .... Damn. Always regretted that ... but did finally get to see him at Birmingham, on the Lovesexy Tour 88 .... (in the 'round' ... our ok seats suddenly became wow!) .... Saw him several times after that, even at our old place, Maine Road, but that always remained my favourite ever gig ... not just by him, but anyone I had seen .... and it was only topped, by the man again, on his Hit & Run tour when he played the Manchester Academy (on my birthday) and we got tickets that were like gold dust .... and it was such an awe inspiring show ... from pure soul, thru funk and hard rock .... he was at his peak that night .... doubt any gig will ever top that now .... RIP.

Never liked the midget since he got his dirty little hands on Kylie and Sheena Easton. That is unforgivable in my books.

Still...musically a genius, without a doubt.

What a year.
Pics?
Genuinely upset about terry Wogan and ronnie Corbet. Shocked about bowie. Just not arsed about Victoria wood or prince - rip and all that, but I thought they were both a bit shitter than folk generally let on. My personal well of grief for celebs I'm not related to is now running a bit low tbh with it being such a busy year so far :-(

Last edited:
Another tough one to take.

That's the main two musicans that I grew up listening to gone. Jackson and Prince.

He was a fucking genius in every sense of the word. He was just the man in the 80s. Gutted I will never see him live.

I recall being in London with an ex ... walking past the Dominion Theatre ... and saw the sign outside saying 'Tonight! From USA, Prince' .... I said 'Heard he's supposed to be pretty good ...' and walked on as we were meeting friends .... Damn. Always regretted that ... but did finally get to see him at Birmingham, on the Lovesexy Tour 88 .... (in the 'round' ... our ok seats suddenly became wow!) .... Saw him several times after that, even at our old place, Maine Road, but that always remained my favourite ever gig ... not just by him, but anyone I had seen .... and it was only topped, by the man again, on his Hit & Run tour when he played the Manchester Academy (on my birthday) and we got tickets that were like gold dust .... and it was such an awe inspiring show ... from pure soul, thru funk and hard rock .... he was at his peak that night .... doubt any gig will ever top that now .... RIP.
Went to the same gigs ,also saw him at Wembley arena the night we lost to Germany in the euros RIP prince

At the Manchester arena gig a couple of years ago he had the security staff stop people filming the show, lots of moaning and groaning ensued but after a couple of songs people were actually dancing and enjoying themselves(imagine that without a smartphone), before the encore Prince announced "OK Manchester light up" cue Blackpool illuminations, brilliant show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.