Prisoner escape

How much time passes before the likelihood is he's never found? He could have fled the country by now.
Was thinking about this earlier on the A14. What would I do? Depends how planned it was.

If not (significantly) planned, I think you’re bound to get caught pretty quickly.

If so, the best tactic has to be to get to the coast and out within four hours. That’s perfectly feasible from Wandsworth, South London traffic depending.

Think it’s most likely to have been planned, so he’s therefore out of the jurisdiction.

Was thinking about this earlier on the A14. What would I do? Depends how planned it was.

If not (significantly) planned, I think you’re bound to get caught pretty quickly.

If so, the best tactic has to be to get to the coast and out within four hours. That’s perfectly feasible from Wandsworth, South London traffic depending.

Think it’s most likely to have been planned, so he’s therefore out of the jurisdiction.
Harry Roberts avoided detection and capture for 96 days by hiding out in a tent in wooded areas and then using farm buildings when it got colder.
And he was military (National Service) trained in escape and evasion tactics as well.

I think it's time that either Alcatraz or maybe Devil's Island were re-opened to house these type of criminals.
Not many ever escaped from either of those 2 maximum security hell holes.
Just ask Papillon about Devil's Island.
Someone on the News this week said that there have been about 30 prison escapes in Britain in the last ten years.

And that’s supposed to be significantly down on previous decades.

So maybe the island idea isn’t such a bad one.

Harry Roberts avoided detection and capture for 96 days by hiding out in a tent in wooded areas and then using farm buildings when it got colder.
And he was military (National Service) trained in escape and evasion tactics as well.
Yes, but if you’re organised, and can plan, you’d surely want to get out of the country while there was still ignorance/confusion in the prison service about your status and location, if you can.

Yes, but if you’re organised, and can plan, you’d surely want to get out of the country while there was still ignorance/confusion in the prison service about your status and location, if you can.
Well the minimum you are going to need is a passport. And I don't think he would have had one while in prison.
So he either gets one from someone he knows or he goes to ground in the UK.

Just had a look at the number of escapes per year from British prisons… look at the fucking number of escapes in the 1990s, did they not have locks in prisons back then?

• 1995-96 – 88 escapes
  • 1996-97 – 53
  • 1997-98 – 33
  • 1998-99 – 35
  • 1999-2000 – 38
  • 2000-01 – 19
  • 2001-02 – 26
  • 2002-03 – 17
  • 2003-04 – 16
  • 2004-05 – 20
  • 2005-06 – 11
  • 2006-07 – 8
  • 2007-08 – 6
  • 2008-09 – 5
  • 2009-10 – 5
  • 2010-11 – 2
  • 2011-12 – 4
  • 2012-13 – 1
  • 2013-14 – 4
  • 2014-15 – 1
  • 2015-16 – 5
  • 2016-17 – 7
  • 2017-18 – 4
  • 2018-19 – 3
  • 2019-20 – 2
  • 2020-21 – 0
  • 2021-22 – 1

Well the minimum you are going to need is a passport. And I don't think he would have had one while in prison.
So he either gets one from someone he knows or he goes to ground in the UK.
Surely that comes under the heading of ‘organised’. And he could be shipped out in a boat, sub or small plane, where he wouldn’t need a passport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.