Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

Same for me, and my state pension starts in 10 days time, so I'll have even more spending power.
Kids have long flown the nest, we have no housing costs, and best of all half price season cards to watch The Champions !!
So your first spending power thing will be to reduce your spending on your favourite leisure pursuit by 50 per cent.

So your first spending power thing will be to reduce your spending on your favourite leisure pursuit by 50 per cent.
My favourite leisure pursuit is going out with my wife of 41 years for either an afternoon meal or an afternoon booze up ( usually in one of The Wetherspoons pubs in Greater Manchester).
So saving 50% on one "hobby" ,allows me to spend more on my other "hobby".
I have also got my state pension bus/tram pass 2 weeks ago,which enables me to travel to the aforementioned Wetherspoons hostelries for sweet FA,thus enabling me to spend more money on alcoholic beverages.

I don't know what you need patience for. It's easy to find the answers.

And once more, for the record, Rwanda is is twice as "overcrowded" as the UK.
And once more I don't agree with sending anyone to Rwanda so what actually is your point ?

My favourite leisure pursuit is going out with my wife of 41 years for either an afternoon meal or an afternoon booze up ( usually in one of The Wetherspoons pubs in Greater Manchester).
So saving 50% on one "hobby" ,allows me to spend more on my other "hobby".
I have also got my state pension bus/tram pass 2 weeks ago,which enables me to travel to the aforementioned Wetherspoons hostelries for sweet FA,thus enabling me to spend more money on alcoholic beverages.

which you can do without driving having consumed said alkofrolik beverages - the wins are piling up for you fella - starting to get pension envy lol

which you can do without driving having consumed said alkofrolik beverages - the wins are piling up for you fella - starting to get pension envy lol
The only downside at the current time is that the wife still has a couple of years to go before she gets her bus pass so she is still paying for public transport.
I am also looking forward to getting to The Etihad for free,via either the tram from Edge Lane or the 76/171/172 bus from Newton Heath.

Inbetween
with regards public spend I know from some work I did that a decent chunk goes to the provision of state pensions. State related pensions are (as far as I know) ‘unbudgeted’ so the assumption always was and remains that, until this changes there will be enough £ coming into state coffers. The proposition was sounder when there were a lot more worker bees forecast to be born and work their lifetime and people didn’t live for quite so long.

im not sure whether the figures below include the Civil Servant pension scheme which is potentially another enormous commitment that is us budgeted and continues to grow as people are enrolled into any remaining gvmt type Final Salary Schemes.

Government expenditure on state pension in the UK 2000-2021​

Published by D. Clark, Apr 1, 2022
The government of the United Kingdom is expected to spend approximately 101.2 billion British pounds on the state pension in 2020/21, compared with 98.8 billion in the previous financial year. Since 2000/01, UK government spending on state pensions has increased by 62.5 billion pounds.

and by £2025 Germany will be spending 394 bn Euro on their state pension - possibly why theirs is £500+ a week
This shows how much we spend compared to others - we love to honour our heroes - it was WW1 then when they died out its WW2 veterans this week its been the Falklands..............its about the political will - I am sure if you asked a Tory Minister they would bang on about our world beating pension provision - the truth lies elsewhere

Just one in a longline of public schoolboy fuckwits given too much importance and paid too generously to talk and write utter crap.

Long line of misogynistic reporting too

However he got ridiculed over his hissy fit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.