Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

It does. They’re put in centres until their application is processed.

If they fail, they get randomly flown to Rwanda now.
How are the non-Ukrainians supposed to arrive legally?
I’m sure they’d like to know and maybe they’d do it.
That is a great question and can I be honest, I am fucked if I know what the answer is but the government has to control its borders and immigration like any government in the world does. If they open british immigration centres in France they will attract thousands of immigrants to apply.
I much prefer that option where they can be processed humanely and with dignity. But those that fail to get a visa will still enter the dinghy's and set sail.

That is a great question and can I be honest, I am fucked if I know what the answer is but the government has to control its borders and immigration like any government in the world does. If they open british immigration centres in France they will attract thousands of immigrants to apply.
I much prefer that option where they can be processed humanely and with dignity. But those that fail to get a visa will still enter the dinghy's and set sail.
If there’s a realistic way of applying and having their application considered prior to departing France then those making the channel crossing would already have had their application refused which should presumably make it easier for them to be deported as their circumstances would already have been assessed. Any that hadn’t applied are much more likely not to have grounds for being accepted otherwise they would have done it the easy way so again it would be easier to get them deported.

Instead we have desperate people from war zones mixed in with economic migrants who have to take their chance with a dinghy crossing.

If there’s a realistic way of applying and having their application considered prior to departing France then those making the channel crossing would already have had their application refused which should presumably make it easier for them to be deported as their circumstances would already have been assessed. Any that hadn’t applied are much more likely not to have grounds for being accepted otherwise they would have done it the easy way so again it would be easier to get them deported.

Instead we have desperate people from war zones mixed in with economic migrants who have to take their chance with a dinghy crossing.
Its a truly awful situation. France is not a war zone so if they are in France they are safe. If they have family in the UK then they should be in a strong position to have the visa granted. If they don’t have family here and they have the skills this country needs then they also should be given an opportunity. I am just catching up with question time from Thursday. 71% of immigrants get approval to stay in the UK which is great. This country should take its fair share of REFUGEES, not migrants, so that the likes of Greece and Italy or even France don’t shoulder the brunt of the problem.
Migrants should apply through the normal channels for a visa similarly if I wanted to emigrate to Australia or America I would need a visa.
I don’t think this country is doing enough to sort the problem out, I really don’t agree with the Rwanda solution.

Its a truly awful situation. France is not a war zone so if they are in France they are safe. If they have family in the UK then they should be in a strong position to have the visa granted. If they don’t have family here and they have the skills this country needs then they also should be given an opportunity. I am just catching up with question time from Thursday. 71% of immigrants get approval to stay in the UK which is great. This country should take its fair share of REFUGEES, not migrants, so that the likes of Greece and Italy or even France don’t shoulder the brunt of the problem.
Migrants should apply through the normal channels for a visa similarly if I wanted to emigrate to Australia or America I would need a visa.
I don’t think this country is doing enough to sort the problem out, I really don’t agree with the Rwanda solution.

A few simple points are -

Doesn't matter whether France or any other country is safe if we are to comply with our international obligations. It would matter if the Dublin agreement applied but guess what we left the EU and left Dublin.....
Refugee's or migrants - how do you determine the difference? You do it how other countries do it - you take them in and assess their claim - the outcome of that determines what they are. The issue is as they have no papers you cannot return people to their home country if you cannot prove thats where they belong and you can't return them over the channel because Dublin because Brexit....
There are no normal channels unless you are from Afghanistan or Ukraine - the govt forget to mention that in their answers to questions'
A country with labour shortages prepared to spend ££££millions on sending possible fixes to that labour shortages away is a country with a broken immigration policy - other countries fix that problem with immigration

Doesn't matter whether France or any other country is safe if we are to comply with our international obligations. It would matter if the Dublin agreement applied but guess what we left the EU and left Dublin.....
Refugee's or migrants - how do you determine the difference? You do it how other countries do it - you take them in and assess their claim - the outcome of that determines what they are. The issue is as they have no papers you cannot return people to their home country if you cannot prove thats where they belong and you can't return them over the channel because Dublin because Brexit....
There are no normal channels unless you are from Afghanistan or Ukraine - the govt forget to mention that in their answers to questions'
A country with labour shortages prepared to spend ££££millions on sending possible fixes to that labour shortages away is a country with a broken immigration policy - other countries fix that problem with immigration
Well give them a safe passage to assess them.

I imagine the Dublin agreement (a strong chance of being returned legally to another EU country) was more of a deterrent to getting in a dinghy than the slim chance of being sent illegally to overcrowded Rwanda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.