Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

Well the real reason is there isn’t an obvious solution.

I just don’t buy those arguments that are screaming at the government for at least trying to deter people trying to cross.
For starters allowing people to apply for Asylum to the UK from wherever they are.

Also working with European and International partners in uncovering and thwarting smuggling gangs.

I'd take those as sensible starters, or maybe wave machines???

The government aren't trying to deter people, they're marketing directly to their base.

How are people trying to reach the UK supposed to know what the government is doing? I doubt it gets any coverage abroad, and they're not reading the Daily Mail app whilst trapesing across Europe with whatever belongings they can carry.

Recent polling has shown that despite Immigration being higher than at any point in our history, the fear of immigration is at its lowest.

Playing to its core base is what the Tories are doing. Frightened old Daily Mail readers from rural England worried that a family of immigrants will move into the 6 bedroomed house next door is on the wain.

For starters allowing people to apply for Asylum to the UK from wherever they are.

Also working with European and International partners in uncovering and thwarting smuggling gangs.

I'd take those as sensible starters, or maybe wave machines???

The government aren't trying to deter people, they're marketing directly to their base.

How are people trying to reach the UK supposed to know what the government is doing? I doubt it gets any coverage abroad, and they're not reading the Daily Mail app whilst trapesing across Europe with whatever belongings they can carry.
They’re trying to get from France to Britain because of the lifestyle they can get here rather than France. They’ll know the success rate of people crossing the Channel and what their chances are of making it, before they do.

If they know that the majority are being caught and processed properly away from the UK, and they’re not genuine refugees, then they won’t try it.

Allowing everyone in the world to apply for refugee status from wherever they are isn’t sustainable, there’s too many.

They’re trying to get from France to Britain because of the lifestyle they can get here rather than France. They’ll know the success rate of people crossing the Channel and what their chances are of making it, before they do.

If they know that the majority are being caught and processed properly away from the UK, and they’re not genuine refugees, then they won’t try it.

Allowing everyone in the world to apply for refugee status from wherever they are isn’t sustainable, there’s too many.
'Everyone' doesn't want to come.

'Everyone' doesn't want to come.

It always baffles me that in spite of the comparatively miniscule numbers of asylum seekers we currently take in, people assume that if we allowed applications from abroad, millions and millions of people would suddenly decide that Britain is actually the place they want to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.