Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

There’s been plenty of change since, including the cost of living standards.

Anyway, looking at one aspect of our social and welfare systems is just taking debate down a blind alley.

Unsure of you think our current systems are fit for purpose or if you think they have been underfunded. Either way, there’s a hell of a lot of people who are now waking up to see how manifestly unstable we are.
I don’t think they’re fit for purpose.

And I agree it’s not really on topic, the other guy called ifwecouldjust decided to bring it up for some reason.

Pandemic spending or just the pandemic?

Thank you for this item, I was not aware of that particular website. To be honest I found that one a bit heavy going, but the general gist of it: "...But the key factor that makes inflation today totally different to inflation in the past is the last one: falling productivity. This is being driven by three primary factors right now: Covid, the Russia-Ukraine War, and declining productivity from fossil fuels and mining." makes some sense.

When I explored the site further I read this though, which although its written with Scotland in mind, I could understand more (I'm not an economist):

"....it’s best to set aside the arguments that things are going wrong because of a single, specific event – money creation during Covid, Covid itself, supply chain snarl-ups, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and so on. The truth is that the problem stretches underneath all of these and beyond. Events are revealing or exacerbating the problem, not causing the problem.

The underlying problem is globalisation. And globalisation is not an economic process but a political one. It is about moving regulation of the economy beyond the reach of democratic politics. Which is to say it is an ideology which is about reducing national sovereignty and increasing corporate sovereignty."

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s ok. I don’t think shit floating down rivers is ok. I don’t think the serial underfunding of public services is ok. I don’t think the dog shit we have for a government is ok. There’s plenty to chose from.
I don’t think the obvious diversionary tactics used by this government and their media wing are ok. It encourages people like you to concentrate on one area while ignoring others. Immigration is not the major issue In this country today.
To be fair whilst not trawled through the thread up to date, @BlueHammer85 appears to be asking reasonable questions on migration, the poor folks unsafely crossing the channel and / or the potential effects it has on the country.

Not too sure why people are getting so high rate to be honest - surely a fair line of enquiry in this particular thread...........

To be fair whilst not trawled through the thread up to date, @BlueHammer85 appears to be asking reasonable questions on migration, the poor folks unsafely crossing the channel and / or the potential effects it has on the country.

Not too sure why people are getting so high rate to be honest - surely a fair line of enquiry in this particular thread...........

Didn't he previously say that anyone crossing by boat shouldn't be allowed to stay?

That’s making a judgement on people purely on their method of arrival.

He was also in support of the Rwanda plan. You don't have to be a swivel eyed right wing loon to have prejudices.

Can you find it ?

In April.

Also I'm not interested in a semantic argument about words used.

You supported the Rwanda plan as a deterrent for crossings. You made a judgement to support the plan and that it was acceptable to send them to Rwanda before claims for asylum were dismissed.

In April.

Also I'm not interested in a semantic argument about words used.

You supported the Rwanda plan as a deterrent for crossings. You made a judgement to support the plan and that it was acceptable to send them to Rwanda before claims for asylum were dismissed.

Well if I’m being accused of saying ‘people arriving in boats shouldn’t be allowed to stay’ … I’d like you to justify this please before moving the goal posts and discussing anything else , that’s nothing to do with semantics.

So come on. Quote me what I said exactly that led you to say this whilst hinting I’m also prejudice

Well if I’m being accused of saying ‘people arriving in boats shouldn’t be allowed to stay’ … I’d like you to justify this please before moving the goal posts and discussing anything else , that’s nothing to do with semantics.

So come on. Quote me what I said exactly that led you to say this whilst hinting I’m also prejudice

So what does saying you wanted the Rwanda plan as a deterrent practically mean?

If you want them to stay how does that work?

I'm not interested in the fact that you have got your knickers in a twist, go and talk to someone who cares.

It’s prejudiced by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.