Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

With the ever increasing numbers crossing the English Channel and the plans to send those arriving to Rwanda for processing stalled should we just let everybody who crosses the Channel in or should the government step up their efforts to stop this.
She should’ve been sacked for the sheer incompetence of imposing a policy that was not legally binding. But, that’s what you get when the legal advise you get it’s seen just as that, advise.

As for letting everybody in, if they have a legal right under international law then, yes. What percentage of those coming here would you like to keep out? 10%, 50%, all of them? Afghan’s, Syrians, Ukrainians?

With the ever increasing numbers crossing the English Channel and the plans to send those arriving to Rwanda for processing stalled should we just let everybody who crosses the Channel in or should the government step up their efforts to stop this.
This thread did not deserve to be moved to the political subforum. It has nothing to do with Priti Patel, she had resigned before the thread started. It is not a political post. It is asking about a very real daily situation that involves exploitation, murder, drowning and despair. ( Will the Liverpool shootings be moved to the political sub forum, no I thought not). Whoever moved it needs to reconsider their decision as moving posts to a thread that is no longer active as the minister has resigned is difficult to accept.

This thread did not deserve to be moved to the political subforum. It has nothing to do with Priti Patel, she had resigned before the thread started. It is not a political post. It is asking about a very real daily situation that involves exploitation, murder, drowning and despair. ( Will the Liverpool shootings be moved to the political sub forum, no I thought not). Whoever moved it needs to reconsider their decision as moving posts to a thread that is no longer active as the minister has resigned is difficult to accept.
As the thread fades away, so will your post.

I'm quite new here - but I assume what happens in a situation like this is a moderator will make a small change to the thread title yes?

Sorry if I'm wrong - I feel obligated to comment as I posted the news about Patel's resignation earlier this evening.

Or the thread could be locked and a new one started, is that the correct procedure?

The fact is, whomever replaces Priti Patel is more likely than not going to continue down this road in some form or another and it is worth discussing. If it is Suella Braverman possibly generating more ire than Patel because if I recall correctly, when she was one of the early candidates to succeed Boris Johnson, one of her policies was withdrawal from the ECHR to enable the Rwanda flights to go without legal blocks stopping them.

If you can come up with a non-political way of stopping the crossings, I’m sure everybody would listen with open ears.

It‘s not possible, in my opinion, as our government have decided to exacerbate the issue, rather than solve it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.