Private plates

I'm a twat and a cheap one at that so i bought a private plate and contravened the spacing guidelines to spell a word of my choice.

I was issued with a fixed penalty notice recently, £100 fine but there was no mention in the letter of more serious repercussions should i be caught again. Has anybody any experience of being caught more than once ?

Each to their own and all that jazz but I prefer not to draw any unnecessary attention to myself so they aren’t something on my wish list.

I'm a twat and a cheap one at that so i bought a private plate and contravened the spacing guidelines to spell a word of my choice.

I was issued with a fixed penalty notice recently, £100 fine but there was no mention in the letter of more serious repercussions should i be caught again. Has anybody any experience of being caught more than once ?
How did you get one that isn't aproved? Don't they come from the people that approve or deny them?

How did you get one that isn't aproved? Don't they come from the people that approve or deny them?
Plenty of places online will space the plates any way you want them to. They have a small disclaimer on their sites saying that any plates that are spaced illegally are for "show purposes" only

That's odd. You can ony get plates from the government over here.
Ah sorry I misunderstood, yes you buy the right to own a certain number plate from the govt or from private dealers who own govt authorised plates but then its down to the individual to have the plates made up with the legal spacing

So for example if you were called Barry, B to your mates, you could see the plate C1 TYB for sale, buy that and then space it as C1TY B. So even tho it's a legal plate, the altered spacing of it is an offence

Ah sorry I misunderstood, yes you buy the right to own a certain number plate from the govt or from private dealers who own govt authorised plates but then its down to the individual to have the plates made up with the legal spacing

So for example if you were called Barry, B to your mates, you could see the plate C1 TYB for sale, buy that and then space it as C1TY B. So even tho it's a legal plate, the altered spacing of it is an offence
Over here if you want plate you have to go onto the government site and request itIf it's approved they will send it out and if not they just deny you.
There is no case where you can drive around with a plate that will get you a ticket.
But you have cleared up why I can't figure out what the majority of plates over there say.

Unlucky but if you go driving around public roads on illegal show plates it is going to happen sooner or later.

That's odd. You can ony get plates from the government over here.
That's how it should be here. Or maybe issued by the police.

The number of unregistered and cloned vehicles I see in my line is ridiculous. Is went off the scale once the Tories ditched tax discs.

Anyone can make a new plate up, but tax discs...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.