Private plates

Think the whole BMW, Audi, Merc thing is a bit late 80s early 90s when they weren’t quite so common and you’d see some idiot driving one talking on their car phone, trying to do 100mph in the outside lane, flashing their lights at anyone who got in their way.

Certainly in the UK from the point of view of bad driving they’ve been replaced by idiots driving 4x4 vehicles (often the manicurists favourite Range Rover Evoque or the the poverty spec 5yr old Range Rover Sport), most frequently driven by women who can barely see above the steering wheel or “men” who are into manscaping.

It never fails to amuse me when you’re out in the countryside on a narrow road and you meet the aforementioned vehicle and they don’t want to drive on the mud to make a bit of space. It’s a 4x4 for gods sake.

I drive a Defender and I’ll gladly drive through a hedge to let someone pass. Quite fun to be honest.

Just curious…. Are BMW’s worse than Audi or Merc ?
Seems like a harsh way to group people because of a vehicle they drive. Not like it’s Chevy cunts or anything :)
In my experience, the biggest morons on the road these days all drive cars that have a plate that begins with the letters "GV" (donates green vehicle).
Most of the time they happen to be driving a Tesla.

Think the whole BMW, Audi, Merc thing is a bit late 80s early 90s when they weren’t quite so common and you’d see some idiot driving one talking on their car phone, trying to do 100mph in the outside lane, flashing their lights at anyone who got in their way.

Certainly in the UK from the point of view of bad driving they’ve been replaced by idiots driving 4x4 vehicles (often the manicurists favourite Range Rover Evoque or the the poverty spec 5yr old Range Rover Sport), most frequently driven by women who can barely see above the steering wheel or “men” who are into manscaping.

It never fails to amuse me when you’re out in the countryside on a narrow road and you meet the aforementioned vehicle and they don’t want to drive on the mud to make a bit of space. It’s a 4x4 for gods sake.
Every vehicle I own has 4x4 but never use it, only there in case you get stuck. Good snow tyres are what’s needed and a long wheel base. My 07 has almost 200k miles on it, I’d be surprised if I’ve done 50 miles with it in 4x4

So what’s your vehicle of choice?
At the moment a Hyundai Ionic hybrid, bought second-hand three years ago after my Audi A6 ate its own gearbox. I went for a hybrid as I thought the government might hit petrol and diesel owners rather than hybrid or electric. - I had a Merc prior to the Audi but have also owned loads of other makes.
My point is that I've been driving for 50 years and I've seen shite driving from drivers of all makes and models of cars and vans, not just the three German marques usually mentioned.

People making generalisations based on what make of car you drive is unfunny, boring and tedious.

BMW drivers don’t indicate, Audi wankers, lolz lolz lolz how hilarious.

It’s pathetic. That joke wasn’t funny in the 1980s.

I've owned cars of all different makes and types over the years, and I'm also a cyclist. Put that in a pigeon hole.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.