Pro Hughes

Balti said:
Not saying much is it?! Look how new managers have galvanised other struggling sides. Not happening for us is it?

The silence from ADUG is deafening and may not be helpful. I don't think it would hurt to voice serious concern at our league position now. It aint good enough and he needs to be under no illusions that continued under-performance will only have one outcome. That goes for the players too.
It's one thing galvanising mediocre players - even Pearce managed that - but putting something longer term in place is more difficult.

No one knows what has passed between ADUG & Hughes but we have been told that he has presented his plans to them and they are very happy with these and will back him. They are serious businessmen who invest strategically and we must assume that if they had any doubts about Hughes' ability to spend their money well then they would have ditched him by now.

crystal_mais said:

It seems like alot of our fans only seem to remember the first half of last season and probably the 2 Derby results, hence they seem to cream themselves about Sven. Remember the second half of the season and don't give it oh Sven was not sure about his job etc, thats why we were crap. We would already be in the Championship if we did'nt have the great start.

Hughes needs to do something quick and the Jan window can't come soon enough, lets hope he already has the players sounded out and in place. Otherwise we will be saying bye to Hughes.. I say give him another 1 and half seasons to see what progress is made, but if results continue as they are he'll be lucky to see the next 2 months.

Where we were sat, there is a large amount of animosity being aimed at Hughes and his staff, and I think that is filtering down to the players which is bringing nervousness. Also Sven's fantasitc Strikers (Benjani, Jo, Caceido) just must be off form at the moment!!!

I personally think we got lucky at the beginning of last season, teams didn't expect us to play that type of football and by the second half they appear to of had us in there pocket's. It's obviously up to the manager (Sven at the time) to try to change this. Unfortunately the players don't seem to have learn't from there mistakes and this is down to themselves and Hughes/Sven.

The transfer window will introduce a few more options to the squad and help us become stronger as a unit, tactics will hopefully be changed by Hughes and his approach to games should be different. He inherited this squad and has made some good aquisitions, it's up to him and the staff to instill confidence and support them BUT it is also up to us too back both the manager and his staff and too also back the players at this difficult time, then we will come good!

moodyblue said:
crystal_mais said:
It seems like alot of our fans only seem to remember the first half of last season and probably the 2 Derby results, hence they seem to cream themselves about Sven. Remember the second half of the season and don't give it oh Sven was not sure about his job etc, thats why we were crap. We would already be in the Championship if we did'nt have the great start.

Hughes needs to do something quick and the Jan window can't come soon enough, lets hope he already has the players sounded out and in place. Otherwise we will be saying bye to Hughes.. I say give him another 1 and half seasons to see what progress is made, but if results continue as they are he'll be lucky to see the next 2 months.

Where we were sat, there is a large amount of animosity being aimed at Hughes and his staff, and I think that is filtering down to the players which is bringing nervousness. Also Sven's fantasitc Strikers (Benjani, Jo, Caceido) just must be off form at the moment!!!

I personally think we got lucky at the beginning of last season, teams didn't expect us to play that type of football and by the second half they appear to of had us in there pocket's. It's obviously up to the manager (Sven at the time) to try to change this. Unfortunately the players don't seem to have learn't from there mistakes and this is down to themselves and Hughes/Sven.

The transfer window will introduce a few more options to the squad and help us become stronger as a unit, tactics will hopefully be changed by Hughes and his approach to games should be different. He inherited this squad and has made some good aquisitions, it's up to him and the staff to instill confidence and support them BUT it is also up to us too back both the manager and his staff and too also back the players at this difficult time, then we will come good!

Agreed!! I hope this would filter down to all the fans

moodyblue said:
crystal_mais said:

Agreed!! I hope this would filter down to all the fans

Obviously it hasn't and some people just dont get it! The club is building at the moment and as great as it would be too attract quality players willy nilly, we need to build the team up first and my opinion it will start come January 1st!

City arn't just building at the moment but have been trying to build for the past 30 years, in fact we've done more building than Alfred Mcalpine's and thats a big part of the problem. Every time we blow a manager out then we go right back to the beginning and start again.

A new manager want's to build his own team so, in comes a host of new players, we don't get success so we sack him and get another manager who wants to build his own team and in comes a host of new players and so on, do you see the pattern?

You rarely see whiskynose buying a crop of new players, he buys an odd one to improve a position, hence minimal impact on the rest, not so with us and it has'nt been for as long as I remember. We appear to be a team of strangers.

So lets break the mold and give a City manager a decent run, who know's, he might be a good as everyone thought he was when he came here, just half a season ago.

Is that the only reason people want Hughes here is for Stability??

I agree we need stability but only when you have the right manager who deep down you know will come good.

Nothing what Hughes has done or said gives me that confidence.

I swear some people on here would still want to keep Hughes if we are still fighting to stay up in May for the sake of having stability.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Is that the only reason people want Hughes here is for Stability??

I agree we need stability but only when you have the right manager who deep down you know will come good.

Nothing what Hughes has done or said gives me that confidence.

I swear some people on here would still want to keep Hughes if we are still fighting to stay up in May for the sake of having stability.

Its all a matter of opinion on how confident people feel about Hughes. I feel he has not been given a fair crack. I knew if we started having a slighly dodgy run, the fans would get on his back far quicker than they would if it was Mourino or some other superstar.

The only way we would attract a so called big timer is by showing him loads of money, but it will not guarantee success and as soon as a bigger club and believe me there are loads of them around came knocking, Mr big time would do one to them as they are bigger and probably will offer abit more money.

That will also not give us any stability. I agree Hughes needs to sort it out and I for one will be supporting him as long as he is in charge and would tell any other fellow City supporters to F@#k off if they were stood booing him at a match while they were sat near me!!!

All I am asking for is while the man is in charge get behind him and support him. The Arabs did'nt make their riches by listening to any old people, they probably have some shit hot advisors and risk management & strategy people out there to know what they are doing and if they believe in Hughes so should the f@#king rest of us..

Out of curiosity....

Isn't part of the excitement for blues, about the potential size of 'the project?' It could be HUGE! And big projects involve big change..whether it be the change of regime from Sven to Les, the change of mentality with the players...fuck it, even a change for city fans who might (eventually) have to get used to the idea of city being succesful rather than 'hey, we're City,we always find a way to fuck things up and we're proud of it....'

Whatever...doesn't change require time and patience..try and rush it too much and it can go pearshaped? Even then, doesn't it sometimes require 'one step backwards to go two steps forwards?'

Is Les the man for the job? How would I know? But he seemed to talk of wanting players that were dynamic and adaptable - and thus able to change. Perhaps it can be seen in the perfomances, that some are unable to adapt to the way that Les wants the team to play? In part that might lead to the team looking 'fractured' but also...didn't city look devoid of ideas in the second half against everton. Got sussed out...couldn't change the game plan..end up fucked? Which is pretty much what happened with City/Sven last season? And Sven and England?

Anyhow - like I said - I don't know if Les is the right guy for the job or not...but my feeling would be to at least give him some time... a chance to build properly rather than a 'quick fix'

For those that have this idea of City being relegated if hughes stays...well, fair enough, that's how you feel..but if the only the signings we got were Diarra and RSC, I reckon we'd have a fair old chance of being in the top 8 at the end of the season....which given that our form for the second half of last season was struggling to reach the heights of relegation candidates...ain't so bad .for this season ;-)

Jnr Kisby said:
Stop pinning your hopes on January ffs. With the team we have we should be in the top 8 at least. Robinho, Elano, Ireland, SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta. Fuck me any manager should be able to achieve that with those players. Bringing new in will not bring instant success, players need time to settle and get used to the team. Hughes is clueless and he is not going to bring stability no matter how long you keep him, unless by stabiliity you mean relegated to the championship.

Spot on IMO.

Ireland is Superman said:
Jnr Kisby said:
Stop pinning your hopes on January ffs. With the team we have we should be in the top 8 at least. Robinho, Elano, Ireland, SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta. Fuck me any manager should be able to achieve that with those players. Bringing new in will not bring instant success, players need time to settle and get used to the team. Hughes is clueless and he is not going to bring stability no matter how long you keep him, unless by stabiliity you mean relegated to the championship.

Spot on IMO.

eh the irony of naming 3 hughes signings and calling him clueless in the same paragraph.

he's on thin ice, but i think changing manager AGAIN would be a very negative step. some problems run deeper than can be sorted out in 6 months. we've hardly pulled up any trees in recent times have we? off the pitch we've been a mess, on the pitch, likewise. mourinho won't change that overnight. in fact, why would he come here at all? he's only ever joined clubs that have been well run and succesful for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.