Problem with tenants

Oh and file a formal complaint and then use a portion of the rent money to fix the oven on grounds that they're in breach of contract.

They get their windows bricked.

wpid-roywalker240708_450x376.jpg

Seriously though, three months. Filed a formal complaint twice with the agency, called the landlady and in a very calm voice advised her that fixing the oven might be a good idea.

Three weeks later, zilch. A phone call to Mrs Jots (which you'll understand, if you've been following our ongoing saga, is hardly an easy thing) and the power's still going off at random times. We've had people round but the landlady insists that any work we undertake or contract ourselves comes out of our wallet, the ****.

Next thing the agency call out of the blue to say they've closed our job as it's been recorded as completed. Our landlady's off pretending to be Kate fucking Winslet.

Now I'm mental, but I went Defcon 1 at the agency this afternoon. Probably went a bit over the top as the girl at the other end sounded like she'd pissed her keks and handed me on to this cold woman of a manager who essentially told me to fuck off and put the phone down. I've got good friends in law and they're likely the next port of call.

Seriously though, three months. Filed a formal complaint twice with the agency, called the landlady and in a very calm voice advised her that fixing the oven might be a good idea.

Three weeks later, zilch. A phone call to Mrs Jots (which you'll understand, if you've been following our ongoing saga, is hardly an easy thing) and the power's still going off at random times. We've had people round but the landlady insists that any work we undertake or contract ourselves comes out of our wallet, the ****.

Next thing the agency call out of the blue to say they've closed our job as it's been recorded as completed. Our landlady's off pretending to be Kate fucking Winslet.

Now I'm mental, but I went Defcon 1 at the agency this afternoon. Probably went a bit over the top as the girl at the other end sounded like she'd pissed her keks and handed me on to this cold woman of a manager who essentially told me to fuck off and put the phone down. I've got good friends in law and they're likely the next port of call.

You don't need your friends frok the law society on this one.... As aguero states, withhold the cost of a call out and maintenance of said oven, throw in an electrician to boot, offset against rent and pay the difference, if any..... Any court in the land will rule in your favour, however, it won't get that far..... In cases like this, fight fire with fire, she is in breach of contract!!!

• Tell them that you're paying fuck all until they fix the fucking oven and if they open there fucking traps you'll knock a few of their teeth down their fucking throats.
  • Usually works for me.

Are her initials M B by any chance

Nah, that's not her.

Last direct contact with the landlady was on 16 September, when she rather tersely suggested I contact the agency to arrange the repair. I presume because she was setting sail again. Wannabe Enya twat.

Before that she'd arranged for a repair company to call exactly a month earlier. I took the whole day off work and waited in. Nothing. Not a sausage. Apparently they were on holiday as well. All attempts to reach them were unsuccessful.

The agency have done fuck all since 16 September, except call my wife earlier this week to say they'd closed the job. We have records of all calls and texts dating back to our initial complaint in June, so that's nigh on four months.

Now I'm really fucked off and have launched a stinking bastard of an email to the agency office. I'll also be on the phone again early doors today. We've stopped the rent standing order as of last night, but the next payment isn't due for another fortnight.

Am I doing this right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.