Progress and why Hughes should stay!

goatfood said:
barney8 said:
By comparing Hughes with himself and his first (disastrousish) season you're making it far too easy for him. There's no way he could fail!

Who the hell else can you compare 'Hughes' with to assess 'Hughes' improvement?

At this point in time there is only 1 other season that can be looked at. Next season if he is still in charge there will be another and a more revealing analysis of year on year improvement can be made.

Maybe Sven and his 8 away win season with a £20m team and 2 rookie goalkeepers can be compared to Hughes' results?

Just noticed that (for obvious reasons) theres no comparison with matches against teams relegated last season and those promoted this season. All pretty subjective, but I think it should be included in the analysis.

I know we struggled against a few of the bottom sides last season so it shouldn't be too much of a difference.

Just checked - 2 losses and a draw away, 3 wins at home (summed up our season really)

So far a win and a draw at home and a draw away.

skybluekings said:
goatfood said:
Who the hell else can you compare 'Hughes' with to assess 'Hughes' improvement?

At this point in time there is only 1 other season that can be looked at. Next season if he is still in charge there will be another and a more revealing analysis of year on year improvement can be made.

Maybe Sven and his 8 away win season with a £20m team and 2 rookie goalkeepers can be compared to Hughes' results?

I'm sure if Hughes' team lost 0-6 or 1-8 you would be more happy.

KenTheLandlord said:
bizzbo said:
two games maketh not a manager

a seriously unprofessional attitude maketh the manager.

nah....results dear boy, results and results alone. and that means league finishes and cup rounds. beyond that, a very very long way behind, you have derby games, developing youth for the sake of it, and playing nice football. there are different approaches, but it's results in the now, and results tommorow that matter. hughes is getting the bare bloody minimum now, just as he got by on the bare bloody minimum last year. it's driving me nuts. why can't he just hurry up and fail outright or actually be quite good? inconsiderate sod.

moomba said:
KenTheLandlord said:

55 points is better than 50 points.

True, but if he hadn't thrown in the towel in January and acted professionally just think what he could have done.
Sven. No 1 Sven, and to anyone else he is not interested.

bizzbo said:
KenTheLandlord said:

nah....results dear boy, results and results alone. and that means league finishes and cup rounds. beyond that, a very very long way behind, you have derby games, developing youth for the sake of it, and playing nice football. there are different approaches, but it's results in the now, and results tommorow that matter. hughes is getting the bare bloody minimum now, just as he got by on the bare bloody minimum last year. it's driving me nuts. why can't he just hurry up and fail outright or actually be quite good? inconsiderate sod.

So you would be happy with Hughes getting more than 55 points?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.