Progress and why Hughes should stay!

Blue Mooner said:
Anyone who wants to sack a manager who has lost ONE game all season seriously needs to get a reality check.

I've heard this well I'd rather win 4 and lose 5 than draw 8 and win 1 because the former is more points.

I'd go for the latter every time because the former is the old inconsistent City, the latter is a team that is now difficult to beat, has a strong mentality and as the season goes those draws will turn into wins.

We are three points off 4th - over achieving our target - with a game in hand which will take us level on points.

Anyone who has actually WATCHED the games will know that the quality of our football is a level above anything I have ever seen in my City watching life - beating Arsenal TWICE, beating Chelsea, drawing with Liverpool and taking the rags to what should have been a draw was inconceivable even 12 months ago.

FFS stop bleating and enjoy it !!
And now winning against the big teams and failing to beat the relegation fodder is consistent?? Beating the top teams is nice but it is worthless if you cant beat the shyte teams.

i confess I just don't get this 'consistent' malarky. ship goals against hull, fulham, bloody burnley et al, fail to win in 8, but good enough to out play chelsea and arsenal's second string, then concede three against bottom-but-one bolton. smells like the same old city to me, a more expensive variety, admittedly.

beating some small teams and drawing against chelsea, that would be a consistent level of performance. I'm not saying consistant levels of performance won't happen, but this run really isn't evidence for me that it is happening... except for up front, where we can do score regularly.

The OP maybe needs to go and watch the goals against from the last 18 months, when you will see a remarkable amount of unmarked players putting the ball in our net,
You may even notice that the gaps that open up have been the same, or that the unmarked player with the free pop on goal is running in central or far post, while our defence has moved over as a unit to one side to where the ball comes from.

As this has been a recurring theme, and the players in the back four have changed several times, it can be one of two things,

The players are sh*t..........except every single one has been an international player, true one or two only at u 21s but you get the idea.

The clown in the managers job persistes with the missing fullback formation and zonal defence, it didn`t work last season, and it aint going to work this one, any improvment in quality of players has been offset by this one and only tactic.

Getting on to players signed, yes he has picked up a few good ones at silly prices, but I disagree that Lesccott is better than Dunne, Elano was one of the best creative players in the world, and it looks like Hart will be off in January, and in my opinion better than Given now with a lot more to come.

We have the longest injury list since club records began thanks to the level of coaches numpty brought in, The extreamly sucessful youth accademy staff have all gone thanks to numpty,
We have managed to scrape draws at home to the poorer end of the league several times with the aid of some good fortune, not forgeting Scunthorpe.

Progress, I dont think so, not as a club or on the pitch, with the supporters divided like never before thanks to numpty.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Blue Mooner said:
Anyone who wants to sack a manager who has lost ONE game all season seriously needs to get a reality check.

I've heard this well I'd rather win 4 and lose 5 than draw 8 and win 1 because the former is more points.

I'd go for the latter every time because the former is the old inconsistent City, the latter is a team that is now difficult to beat, has a strong mentality and as the season goes those draws will turn into wins.

We are three points off 4th - over achieving our target - with a game in hand which will take us level on points.

Anyone who has actually WATCHED the games will know that the quality of our football is a level above anything I have ever seen in my City watching life - beating Arsenal TWICE, beating Chelsea, drawing with Liverpool and taking the rags to what should have been a draw was inconceivable even 12 months ago.

FFS stop bleating and enjoy it !!

Good post!

this one defeat argument is total bollocks
so what you are saying is if a manager draws 37 games and looses one and his side are relegated on 37 points he should be imune from the sack?

regardless of the fact of how much money he has had to spend ?

we must have stability to get anywhere, i think we will be top 6 at the end of season which will do me.

we can talk about preference for this manager for that, but there is no need to sack Hughes any time soon that much is clear. He should be given this season and the next. Then it's time to get black and white. No CL, no Hughes.

without some mental lapses and some bad luck City would be sitting nicely in the top 4.

have to laugh blueonblue, you probably will cop it for that post, but, I'm afraid I think there is more than a grain of truth in it. we did defend well for most of the second half of last year, which is why it's mystified me that we are all over the shop once more. for that reason, I have to think there is a small possibility that in the second half of this season, we might defend properly again... but I remember how long and painful the journey was last year, the problems really started in october (like this year) and weren't sorted out until well into february.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Blackburn (A) - 2-2 / 0-2 = improved.
Portsmouth (A) - 0-2 / 1-0 = improved.
Arsenal (H) - 3-0 / 4-2 = same.
Scum (A) - 0-2 / 3-4 = same.
West Ham (H) 3-0 / 3-1 = same.
Villa (A) - 2-4 / 1-1 = improved.
Wigan (A) - 1-2 / 1-1 = improved.
Fulham (H) - 1-3 / 2-2 = improved.
Liverpool (A) - 1-1 / 2-2 = same.
Hull (H) - 5-1 / 1-1 = worse.
Chelsea (H) - 1-3 / 2-1 = improved.
Bolton (A) - 0-2 / 3-3 = improved.
By comparing Hughes with himself and his first (disastrousish) season you're making it far too easy for him. There's no way he could fail!

barney8 said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Blackburn (A) - 2-2 / 0-2 = improved.
Portsmouth (A) - 0-2 / 1-0 = improved.
Arsenal (H) - 3-0 / 4-2 = same.
Scum (A) - 0-2 / 3-4 = same.
West Ham (H) 3-0 / 3-1 = same.
Villa (A) - 2-4 / 1-1 = improved.
Wigan (A) - 1-2 / 1-1 = improved.
Fulham (H) - 1-3 / 2-2 = improved.
Liverpool (A) - 1-1 / 2-2 = same.
Hull (H) - 5-1 / 1-1 = worse.
Chelsea (H) - 1-3 / 2-1 = improved.
Bolton (A) - 0-2 / 3-3 = improved.
By comparing Hughes with himself and his first (disastrousish) season you're making it far too easy for him. There's no way he could fail!

Who the hell else can you compare 'Hughes' with to assess 'Hughes' improvement?

At this point in time there is only 1 other season that can be looked at. Next season if he is still in charge there will be another and a more revealing analysis of year on year improvement can be made.

goatfood said:
barney8 said:

Who the hell else can you compare 'Hughes' with to assess 'Hughes' improvement?

At this point in time there is only 1 other season that can be looked at. Next season if he is still in charge there will be another and a more revealing analysis of year on year improvement can be made.
it was clearly tongue in cheek and more a last season was shit and this season is still shit despite the small improvement statement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.