Progressive Rock

Good call pal.

The Yes Album,
GFTO,
would be my top 3 by a mile, but I’d find it very hard to rank/choose between those three.
when I was a teenager in the 80’s I listened to this stuff all the time. That list is a good call along with close to the edge in the mix. The best live song that I saw them play was Awaken. I really like silent wings of freedom it’s a top tune.

when I was a teenager in the 80’s I listened to this stuff all the time. That list is a good call along with close to the edge in the mix. The best live song that I saw them play was Awaken. I really like silent wings of freedom it’s a top tune.
Yes, would be my picks too - we must have great taste ;-)
Awaken is my favourite of theirs, one of the greatest Prog tracks I’ve ever heard.
As for Wings you’ve given me a great excuse to post this …

Pains me to agree with you Bill.
Sadly the band I have loved the most has been on a downward spiral for so long.
Should have called it a day at the least after “Fly from Here” if not before.
Pains me to agree with you also. Yes were top of the Prog tree for me for many years. Their music so complex but also accessible.
A bunch of superb musicians.

Love Starcastle. Been a fan since the 70's. Got first three albums on vinyl & cd and 4th album and a live one on cd too.

Yup, quite a lot of their songs are up there with Yes' best stuff.

I like the 3 Starcastle albums more than a lot of Yes albums. I’ve always found it incredible that Terry Luttrell was the vocalist on the first 2 REO Speedwagon albums and he didn’t sound remotely like he does in Starcastle.

Reactions: OB1
Never my thing prog rock, 15 years old in 1977, loved the punk /new wave thing, in retrospect, growing up i have come to appreciate all kinds of music. prog rock has produced some beautiful music. Bit biased, used to be friendly with Jon Anderson's nephew, pass the street jon was born on often, also Rick Wakeman is a genius. yes produced some sublime music.

Never my thing prog rock, 15 years old in 1977, loved the punk /new wave thing, in retrospect, growing up i have come to appreciate all kinds of music. prog rock has produced some beautiful music. Bit biased, used to be friendly with Jon Anderson's nephew, pass the street jon was born on often, also Rick Wakeman is a genius. yes produced some sublime music.
Was he from Accrington.?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.