Proper Fish n Chips

Got to say this thread came in handy today for my trip to Blackpool.

Took a poster's advice and went to the Cottage...hands down the best fish and chips I have ever had!

Even the bread, gravy and mushy peas were sublime.

Great Fish n Chips in Conwy. Not sure what its called as theres a few but its the one by the Arch as you're leaving the Town heading towards Bangor. Two types of Curry sauce too. Chinese and Indian. Yum yum!

flb said:
Ashton Road east in Failsworth-near where the star inn pub used to be

"Do you want your gravy under or over your fish"

Never had fish from there despite living round the corner, whats it like?

BlueMo' said:
There used to be a great little chippy at the bottom
of Andrew Rd in Blackley.
It's a while since i lived there so not sure
if it's still there.

Bernies it's called. It's still there, my nana worked in there for years until recently

Failsworth_Blue said:
flb said:
Ashton Road east in Failsworth-near where the star inn pub used to be

"Do you want your gravy under or over your fish"

Never had fish from there despite living round the corner, whats it like?

BlueMo' said:
There used to be a great little chippy at the bottom
of Andrew Rd in Blackley.
It's a while since i lived there so not sure
if it's still there.

Bernies it's called. It's still there, my nana worked in there for years until recently

Always nice fish from there FB,as they say the proof of the pudding and all that.

Lived in failsworth for 40 years im now exiled in audenshaw!

The willow chippy is also very good fella,ashton road east again near bottom of brierley avenue,chinese but bang on especially salt and pepper ribs!!!!

any Audenshaw chippys anyone can reccomend?

Lucky Toma said:
Just got back from Llandudno. Stopped off at Rhos-on-Sea and had myself some fish, chips and mushy peas sitting on the promenade looking out to sea and thinking about tonight. Absolute heaven.
One of the top ten meals of my life and all for a fiver.

I took this pic in Rhos on Sea

<a class="postlink" href="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2449/4001523525_ca1bf13720_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2449/400 ... 3720_b.jpg</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.