Prostate cancer

A57 the snake

Team supported
Mcfc
So finally after many months of appointments and Check ups I on Thursday got diagnosed with prostate cancer , this might sound a bit mad but I’m now finally relieved that it’s now done it’s taken a while to get this all sorted and I know I got back to the Jack grealish thread when I mentioned this . Unfortunately for someone of my age (53) on Wednesday it’s an aggressive form but I’m under stepping hill and Christie’s now so I’m in good hands. If anyone has any experience of this it’d be nice if it’s shared either on here or a pm. I’m ok even though I always had a bad feeling of the final diagnosis it’s a shock that the Gleeson score was quite aggressive I’ll fight this all the bloody way . I’m grateful I’ve got great family and friends around me , please don’t take this as a sympathy post more of any advice and experience in this is always welcome.
So there it is I’m type of bloke whose pretty open with things and this on here will help .
Finally please anyone of you who’s getting towards the age of 50 please, please have a mot at your doctors/GP . Do not ignore this prostate cancer IS the silent assassin.
Take care all you and up blues.

So finally after many months of appointments and Check ups I on Thursday got diagnosed with prostate cancer , this might sound a bit mad but I’m now finally relieved that it’s now done it’s taken a while to get this all sorted and I know I got back to the Jack grealish thread when I mentioned this . Unfortunately for someone of my age (53) on Wednesday it’s an aggressive form but I’m under stepping hill and Christie’s now so I’m in good hands. If anyone has any experience of this it’d be nice if it’s shared either on here or a pm. I’m ok even though I always had a bad feeling of the final diagnosis it’s a shock that the Gleeson score was quite aggressive I’ll fight this all the bloody way . I’m grateful I’ve got great family and friends around me , please don’t take this as a sympathy post more of any advice and experience in this is always welcome.
So there it is I’m type of bloke whose pretty open with things and this on here will help .
Finally please anyone of you who’s getting towards the age of 50 please, please have a mot at your doctors/GP . Do not ignore this prostate cancer IS the silent assassin.
Take care all you and up blues.
Good luck mate, be strong.

Stay strong and good luck OP. Can I ask what (if any symptoms) you had

Could you tell us what your symptoms where to make you go and see your doctor in the first place .

Really sorry to hear this mate. I can't offer any words of advice only to say stay positive and keep strong. I sincerely wish you all the best.

Yes I’ll tell you all I had no symptoms I stopped smoking 6 months ago as I was 52 took a look at my lifestyle and decided it needs to change I started my family relatively a late stage I was in my 40s when I had my two girls watched city all over drunk smoked and thought blimey im not in my 20s/30s so I just went to doctors asked for a MOT where they take blood samples they test you for around eight possible conditions and my PSA came back high on my prostate. I’m not into wanting to frighten no one at all but just don’t ignore your age as I said prostate cancer from my experience doesn’t carry symptoms but as with cancer can spread. If even one of you lads goes and makes an appointment then it’s a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.