Prostate cancer

Yes, I agree that filling in an online form is the best way of dealing with a GP.

Also agree about neglecting health - I don't smoke and hardly drink, but I'm overweight and that needs to get sorted right now - I've ignored that too long.
Rob I am shocked and most upset to hear this news , I pray its benign but if not all strength and love to you and we all wish you a speedy recovery with your recommended treatment as we do to all that contract this disease.

Rob I am shocked and most upset to hear this news , I pray its benign but if not all strength and love to you and we all wish you a speedy recovery with your recommended treatment as we do to all that contract this disease.
Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it.

I may be jumping the gun in assuming the worst, but on the balance of probabilities, I'm assuming I've got it. I'd be delighted to be wrong though :) However, as I noted above, I don't feel too bad at the moment because I know it's very treatable if caught early. It will certainly be a nervous wait for the results.

Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it.

I may be jumping the gun in assuming the worst, but on the balance of probabilities, I'm assuming I've got it. I'd be delighted to be wrong though :) However, as I noted above, I don't feel too bad at the moment because I know it's very treatable if caught early. It will certainly be a nervous wait for the results.
My thoughts will be with you Rob and yes if its bad news I hope early intervention will set you on the road to a full recovery.

Play lots of your favourite music and some new stuff including Peter Garretts latest release as you know it will make you feel much better and hopefully take your mind off things.

Dementia seems to be the nail in my family histories coffin but even those you have little time for a decent person which you obviously are wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

So today in Christie’s this time the scan went to plan we’ve had confirmation it skirted the bowel so their happy to begin the radiotherapy.
Twenty days of it begins on the 26th of this month, it’s a relief I feel so positive and will finally get this over the line . I’m a very small minority of men who’ve gone through prostate cancer to have this to happen to . So please don’t think it’ll happen to you as I say it’s rare so keep positive keep that glass half full keep walking and keep talking is my advice.
For most it’s a great shock and worry it will subsided after first diagnosis and there’s a lot of help the prostate cancer uk website is invaluable , this place has been amazing in advice and support, you lads should be proud especially in the way you’ve shared stories and offered , taken and given advice.
Finally on a emotional post
Those people, those people today in Christie’s who have given me the most tentative care and support I have no words of thanks , you are amazing people truly one of a kind .
Have a great weekend everyone, keep this thread going we have to.

Up the blues.

So today in Christie’s this time the scan went to plan we’ve had confirmation it skirted the bowel so their happy to begin the radiotherapy.
Twenty days of it begins on the 26th of this month, it’s a relief I feel so positive and will finally get this over the line . I’m a very small minority of men who’ve gone through prostate cancer to have this to happen to . So please don’t think it’ll happen to you as I say it’s rare so keep positive keep that glass half full keep walking and keep talking is my advice.
For most it’s a great shock and worry it will subsided after first diagnosis and there’s a lot of help the prostate cancer uk website is invaluable , this place has been amazing in advice and support, you lads should be proud especially in the way you’ve shared stories and offered , taken and given advice.
Those people, those people today in Christie’s who have given me the most tentative care and support I have no words of thanks , you are amazing people truly one of a kind .

Up the blues.
Great news mate, thanks for sharing.

You can take a few deep breaths and prepare for 26th.

Up the blues.
My mate got all clear today and I'm so hoping you get same news mate

Had the scan last night in Tameside at 5-30 asked the radiographer if he could put City on the headphones to no avail had to settle for Heart Radio ffs. Apart from the PSA score also border line anemiac so instead of moping around the house like I’ve been doing for the last week watched second half and went out with the misses and sunk 10 pints of Iron fortified black stuff

I just wonder if PSA tests are so easy to do, why aren't they done routinely?
Even from just this thread, the myth that it's an old mans disease is no longer valid.
The awareness is rising, but GP's need to understand that men are still willing to ignore symptoms.
Therefore we need to start PSA testing much earlier. Even if it's to only give a baseline of when thing start to change.

I even asked my local GP if its done for those who are younger, told me its not really done for younger males.

I was like ok then :/

I even asked my local GP if its done for those who are younger, told me its not really done for younger males.

I was like ok then :/

From my reading, Prostate cancer is much more dangerous to 45-60 year olds as it tends to be a more aggressive type.
Then less aggressive from 70 onwards.

A good start would be making it mandatory part of the 50 year MOT at the GP.
Maybe going as far as doing it at the 40 year MOT etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.