Prostate cancer

I saw that earlier and it set me thinking about a bbc interview with a professor of medicine some short years ago.
He was asked, what is biggest cause of cancer?
His simple reply was, getting old.

I fear that in a competition for NHS services the simple blood test for prostate cancer whilst advertised as needed is not always easily made available.

Caught early prostate cancer is easily treated but when it is left for symptoms to happen it has possibly / probably spread to other areas of the body.

If a standard blood test in the UK now always has a psa check as well I apologise otherwise please fight for this test.

Just an opinion.
The MOT in the UK doesn’t include the PSA but you have no problem requesting it, or if we’re to face a blocker then a simple complaint soon removes such issues

The MOT in the UK doesn’t include the PSA but you have no problem requesting it, or if we’re to face a blocker then a simple complaint soon removes such issues
Thats good but unless one is aware of prostate cancer possibility usually after reaching a certain age surely it should be included by the doctors.
The patient is not medically trained so perhaps this MOT should educate the patient rather than wait for a request?

They do them in the Old Coop Building think they now call it the Glossop Business Centre it’s off the market square opp where The Trap used to be, think they’ve just started doing them I usually go to Debdale
They do them in the Old Coop Building think they now call it the Glossop Business Centre it’s off the market square opp where The Trap used to be, think they’ve just started doing them I usually go to Debdale Park lol
It’s on Norfolk Square T on the left looking towards the cenotaph, park on BnM car park one minute walk mate.

10lbs in as many days is brilliant. Well done. Are you following a particular eating plan?
Apart from the PSA shock I also had my MOT bloods done they came back that I’m now prediabetic plus had started putting weight on through eating shit after tea 6 pm every night
So diet not too bad already but made some improvements
And also got iron deficiency
So the diet is make sure I avoid a lot of dairy at breakfast only have brown bread ideally seeded scrambled eggs with spinach done in microwave plus a portion of fresh smoked salmon every other day, other days just brown toast or oats with yogurt this usually hits 40g of protein every morning
Afternoon 20g no sugar protein bar
Tea is steamed veg especially Kyle Spinach Celery Hearts Broccoli or sprouts green beans peas
Sweet potato baked or fries done on oven
Chicken or Fish incl mackerel salmon white fish prawns etc
Some nights I make a veg curry brown rice
Brown pastas made from lentils are good
After tea a protein bar
Hitting at least 100g protein every day
I do 2 HIIT training sessions every week and do at least one if not two 10 mile walks
Started making sure I drink at least 8 pint glasses of water
Also mixed nuts and fruit
2 weeks in now holding 181 lbs every morning from peaking at 195
Best thing is I am enjoying it and also helps that I like cooking and that helps noting everything is cooked from fresh
Also suffer from reflux and not had a single issue for two weeks in fact stopped taking the Lanzapol
Also no caffeine only drink Green Tea or Green tea and Ginger

Apart from the PSA shock I also had my MOT bloods done they came back that I’m now prediabetic plus had started putting weight on through eating shit after tea 6 pm every night
So the diet is make sure I avoid a lot of dairy at breakfast only have brown bread ideally seeded scrambled eggs with spinach done in microwave plus a portion of fresh smoked salmon every other day, other days just brown toast or oats with yogurt this usually hits 40g of protein every morning
Tea is steamed veg especially Kyle Spinach Celery Hearts Broccoli or sprouts green beans peas
After tea a protein bar
I do 2 HIIT training sessions every week and do at least one if not two 10 mile walks
Best thing is I am enjoying it and also helps that I like cooking and that helps noting everything is cooked from fresh
Also suffer from reflux and not had a single issue for two weeks in fact stopped taking the Lanzapol
An easy regime to follow and quicker to detail is
No smoking
Ideally no alcohol …. As long as I’m a Blue this will never happen
No caffeine
No soda based drinks
Big one NO Processed food stuffs
Incl No crisps type priducts
Because of my reflux I also have to watch out for too much dairy incl cheese
And also tomato based products
No citrus
Loads of water
No eating after 6 pm

After tea a protein bar

If you are pre diabetic and offered treatment....take it!
I was pre diabetic for a few years. I was offered drugs (even thought only "pre" etc) but refused as i thought it better to just lose the weight.
I did lose weight. Just under 4 stone in nine months. I just ate breakfast and tea (dinner for the none Mancs). No snacking or supper. I drank plenty of fluids to keep my stomach full. I was running a lot at the time too.
I came right out of it and thought i would keep the weight off.

Then i had to stop running while i had two surgeries, and the weight crept back on.
I was suffering low B12, so just assumed the fatigue was due to that. when the B12 tests came back fine, i thought the fatigue was old age.

Over Xmas the doctors told me i was back to pre diabetes. I thought that meant i had to do bloods checks/pin pricks etc. And attend diabetic clinics.
This was NOT the case. Just two tablets in the morning, two in the evening. Nurse appointments 3-6 months just to keep an eye on things.
Well i started Metformin 5 weeks ago. Felt sickly and had the odd runs. Now no side affects.

Well what a knobhead i've been! I wish i took the medicine years ago.
My energy has been restored and then some. I'm back at work and breezing through my jobs.
I still have my hip/pelvis/lower back problems (related to this thread), but feeling stronger than i have in a long while.

If you are pre diabetic and offered treatment....take it!
I was pre diabetic for a few years. I was offered drugs (even thought only "pre" etc) but refused as i thought it better to just lose the weight.
I did lose weight. Just under 4 stone in nine months. I just ate breakfast and tea (dinner for the none Mancs). No snacking or supper. I drank plenty of fluids to keep my stomach full. I was running a lot at the time too.
I came right out of it and thought i would keep the weight off.

Then i had to stop running while i had two surgeries, and the weight crept back on.
I was suffering low B12, so just assumed the fatigue was due to that. when the B12 tests came back fine, i thought the fatigue was old age.

Over Xmas the doctors told me i was back to pre diabetes. I thought that meant i had to do bloods checks/pin pricks etc. And attend diabetic clinics.
This was NOT the case. Just two tablets in the morning, two in the evening. Nurse appointments 3-6 months just to keep an eye on things.
Well i started Metformin 5 weeks ago. Felt sickly and had the odd runs. Now no side affects.

Well what a knobhead i've been! I wish i took the medicine years ago.
My energy has been restored and then some. I'm back at work and breezing through my jobs.
I still have my hip/pelvis/lower back problems (related to this thread), but feeling stronger than i have in a long while.
Just had the telephone consultation coincidentally 30 mins ago. Doctor not concerned and accepted my moderations I’m committed to and the plan is to revisit with full bloods in May. I hear what you are saying and appreciate it but would like to get to the next tests first . Incidentally the doc said last record they have was 6 years ago when I was 60 just before I retired and my score was 41 so it creeping to 42 in that time isn’t that bad. I’m more pissed off it was even 41 so long ago. This prostrate shit has really shaken me up so my life style changes I fully believe will be sustainable going forward

For the record not had the results from the scan so I kind of hope I don’t get them tomorrow so I can at least have Easter without the resided to formal news from it.

This prostrate shit has really shaken me up so my life style changes I fully believe will be sustainable going forward
Exactly this for me. Just before I looked at the blood test results that started all this off, I said to my wife that if somebody said I had to change my eating habits for a medical reason, I could in an instant.

And I have. No chocolate or cake or biscuits or added sugar in the last two weeks, and I'm eating loads of fruit and veg (and yes, I know I've got to be careful in not eating too much fruit). Only had a few glasses of red wine in all that time and most of the time it's just water, black coffee and the occasional cappuccino. I never drink much alcohol anyway, but the Saturday night glass of rum and coke is gone. Might have the odd one now and then, but I don't plan on having one anytime soon.

Hope you have a good Easter and get the results soon after.

Exactly this for me. Just before I looked at the blood test results that started all this off, I said to my wife that if somebody said I had to change my eating habits for a medical reason, I could in an instant.

And I have. No chocolate or cake or biscuits or added sugar in the last two weeks, and I'm eating loads of fruit and veg (and yes, I know I've got to be careful in not eating too much fruit). Only had a few glasses of red wine in all that time and most of the time it's just water, black coffee and the occasional cappuccino. I never drink much alcohol anyway, but the Saturday night glass of rum and coke is gone. Might have the odd one now and then, but I don't plan on having one anytime soon.

Hope you have a good Easter and get the results soon after.
There’s a good argument for having a glass if Red
Can I suggest you go decaf me and Kath had started having a latte or Capachino every day whilst were out I’ve knocked them off but Kath gone decaf on them and says they are nicer had a try of hers yesterday on our walk and it tasted a lot nicer or you may find no difference so worth considering

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.