Protest?

Is there any club where season tickets haven't increased?

I'm not saying the club is perfect. It isn't. But is it so bad that we need a protest? Can you imagine how much a protest against the owners (for that is what it would be) would play into the hands of our enemies.

In reality, I pay £765 for a second tier seat that has a view as good as you'll get anywhere in the Premier League for as low a price as you could get in any ground for a seat as good to watch the best team in world football.

If there is an issue. If there is something to protest about, it's with the game as a whole, because plenty of clubs are caning it, and all are putting their prices up.

The Germans do protests best, but for all sorts of reasons, they still buy into the same philosophy that has served their fan culture for so long, and despite our disbelief, even fans of Koln, Monchengladbach or Dortmund would still prefer their local rivals Leverkusen to win the Bundesliga than RB Leipzig who are universally despised.
In fact, as long as there isn't any foreign ownership and the 50+1 rule remains in place, then they're all quite happy for Bayern to win it every season.

Compare this with our tribal delight in the way the Glazers have pillaged the rags, or United's desperation for City to be found guilty at the Pl Hearing.

Last Sunday I felt sick when United scored in the last minute, but my hatred for Liverpool is so entrenched that just 10 minutes earlier I'd been screaming at the TV for somebody to wipe the smug smile off Klopp's face.
There is no German equivalent of the Overlap which is literally a United-Liverpool Love-In and unlike the PL (City fans included) all of them still view the National Team as being more important than any individual club.
Yes our prices are going up, but we're not alone. It doesn't make it right, but there's a huge waiting list for Season Tickets if we decide otherwise.

Why is it embarrassing? Liverpool fans did something similar at home to Sunderland in 2016 in protest at the proposed ticket prices for their renovated Main Stand. It led to a climbdown from their owners just 2 days later.
Knowing them it was probably an orchestrated publicity stunt for some kind of flip mode self flagellation

Protest against the club owner CEO Chairman, the people that have gone out and got us pep and players i could never dreamed we could have in a blue shirt 20 years ago, yes im not happy with price increases or the cost of a pie but protest sorry its a big no from me.
feel free to call me a ****.
I'd sooner tell you it's a barm. :-) ;-)

It's a no from me as well. My protesting days are long behind me. It's not just the things the owners have done for us, improvements on the stadium etc it's also what they have done for that area of Manchester.
Plus in the past fortnight I have had 2 friends commending me on the facilities at the Etihad, one the excellent facilities for female fans plus the facilities such as the Sensory Rooms etc. The male fan was talking about the new initiative with the Andy's Man Club plus the regeneration of the area.
One was a Chelsea fan who said he didn't know of any other PL club that put so much into the community as well as the football. The lady was actually attending a course I believe but as that was passed on to me by another friend I am not sure.

Last edited:
Protest against the club owner CEO Chairman, the people that have gone out and got us pep and players i could never dreamed we could have in a blue shirt 20 years ago, yes im not happy with price increases or the cost of a pie but protest sorry its a big no from me.
feel free to call me a ****.
It’s unbelievably ridiculous & makes city fans sound fickle & glory hunters

Why is it embarrassing? Liverpool fans did something similar at home to Sunderland in 2016 in protest at the proposed ticket prices for their renovated Main Stand. It led to a climbdown from their owners just 2 days later.
Yeah & we all want to be like dipper fans!!! I’d rather pay double than imitate them

Maybe we could organise a protest about plane hire prices ;-)

Seriously though, I certainly would have no interest in a protest as I still consider our season tickets to represent reasonable value.
You sound too sensible for this thread :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.