proud

Like I said in another thread, they didnt win, we lost. Vincent Kompany gets in front of that last ball, and the entire tone of conversation changes.

sir peace frog said:
baildon blue said:
Im not proud if we had got a draw i would have been proud.

so your only proud of city when we get a result ?

were you not proud at the end of the fa cup match last year ?

i was .
Yeah i was proud after the fa cup loss last season.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 pm --<br /><br />We should have at least got a draw at real madrid last night.This real madrid team will not win the champions league.

bluefoever said:
I ve met some Real fans after the game and they were praising City and saying that they were really lucky

So did we - they were full of respect (although if we'd won I bet they might not have been as friendly as we were even though we had it snatched from us)

Am I right in thinking that this was our first competitive defeat since Easter Sunday? Yet, there's some on here who, as the OP says, are giving it the full-on Corporal Jones routine. Beggars belief, that.

For my money, last night was a giant stride up the learning curve. To quote a man who knows a lot more about football than I (after a similarly sickening defeat, too): "the day's not far off when we're going to come here & give this lot a hiding".

Maybe not this season; mabe not even the next... but soon, and for the rest of your life.

We did our best against argueably the greatest football team in the world , and a team that showed something approaching it's best form ....... some of Madrids closing down , and passing is top class , and we were always gonna be 'up against it' ...... not too sure our first half tactics were right , but certainly second half we showed up much more as a team , and broke with real pace.

Sorry, I don't get this proud as punch stuff. We're not some 4th division team on some Jim'll Fix It escapade. We've spent half a billion on the team in the last 4 years, we are the English champions and we are in the Champions league where if we are as good as we like to think we are then we should be competing and beating or matching the cream of Europe.
We didn't outplay Real last night, the shots at goal count was something like 29-8 in their favour which represents some of the games we had last season when we considered that we had dominated other teams. Our first half performance was poor, we allowed them too much of the ball and our close range passing was at times shoddy...I didn't think there was much to be proud about then, angry yes, proud no. Frankly I'd be quite happy to have been embarrassed by having sneaked a point last night instead of the deep depression I continue to feel today. I don't think that Joe Hart, from his post match comments, felt particularly proud.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Sorry, I don't get this proud as punch stuff. We're not some 4th division team on some Jim'll Fix It escapade. We've spent half a billion on the team in the last 4 years, we are the English champions and we are in the Champions league where if we are as good as we like to think we are then we should be competing and beating or matching the cream of Europe.
We didn't outplay Real last night, the shots at goal count was something like 29-8 in their favour which represents some of the games we had last season when we considered that we had dominated other teams. Our first half performance was poor, we allowed them too much of the ball and our close range passing was at times shoddy...I didn't think there was much to be proud about then, angry yes, proud no. Frankly I'd be quite happy to have been embarrassed by having sneaked a point last night instead of the deep depression I continue to feel today. I don't think that Joe Hart, from his post match comments, felt particularly proud.
I Agree we are the champions and we should have done better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.