PS4 OR Xbox One

Dj1979 said:
The only multiplat I have played on both is battlefield 4 and it is most definitely better on ps4 graphics wise dlc seems to be favouring ps4 so far this gen with ac4, watchdogs and mgs all coming with some ps4 exclusive destiny beta is being released first on ps4 and i think maybe some exclusive dlc but not so confident on that one.
The DLC isn't favouring the PS4 at all. PS4 had some exclusive DLC whilst the Xbox has had others. Examples of games with Xbox-exclusive DLC are COD, FIFA and Tomb Raider. You'll also find that the graphics having been upped in Battlefield 4 are the reason that the PS4 version glitches more than any other platform.
Dj1979 said:
If your talking about game development then I would say if last gen is a bench mark sony brought a more varied amount of exclusives hell in the last year to 18 months sony brought 13 exclusive games for ps3 as opposed to 2 maybe 3 from ms. I was always a ps fan and probably always will prefer the ps,
The Xbox 360 had more exclusive games and more games overall than the PS3 over the entire lifespan of the console, but I'll agree that Sony released more during the last year or two of the console lifespans. That's probably because they pushed studios to make more Xbox One games, which is why the standard of the launch games for Xbox One is higher than for the PS4. It's simply a case of numbers as a developer can only do so much at once.

For info, the numbers to date for the Xbox 360 are 1,123 games (multiplatform: 919; exclusive: 187; console exclusive: 72 per Wikipedia, but the figures don't add up as they don't match date-wise and I'm not going through to add them up manually!)

For some reason, the summary figures aren't updated for the PS3, probably for the same reason the Xbox ones don't add up, so all I can say for sure is the PS3 has 881 games as of right now. The summary figures (multiplatform, exclusive and console exclusive) haven't been updated since August last year at which point the console had 795 games, of which 635 were multiplatform, 150 were exclusive and 10 were console exclusive. Extrapolating from these numbers, given the current 881 games the PS3 should be around 703 multiplatform games, 166 exclusive games and 11 console exclusive games.

Dj1979 said:
never had an xbox till I got the xbox1 a couple of weeks ago and although it is impressive with kinect which blows ps camera to shit tbh apart from the home screen navigation there isn't really a lot of gaming options with it unless you count the fitness app as some sort of game though kinect did work well with the fitness app for the 10 minutes I had it on. I think the most I have done is tell Lara croft to switch weapons with kinect in game.
It's probably because the Xbox One was released 6 months ahead of schedule as Microsoft got wind of Sony's release schedule and couldn't be left behind. As a result, a number of games weren't fully optimised, the Kinect games couldn't be released and the firmware was missing features. The April firmware release includes all the features that were planned for launch and Kinect Sports, again released in April, was planned to be a launch game. Despite that, FIFA uses the microphone (try insulting the referee and see how long it takes before you are sacked) and Dead Rising uses motion tracking and voice commands, examples of just a couple of launch games that use some of the functionality.
Dj1979 said:
So far from what I have seen and heard of planned releases ps4 will be the main gaming station for multiplat games and xbox1 will be for exclusives or if they do a good deal on a game like the half price tomb raider they had on xbox live last weekend
I think DX12 and Windows 8.1 will be game changers in this regard. The features of these mean that a game or application can be written for Windows 8.1 or Xbox One and will work on the other with no code changes at all, as long as the developer develops the application in a certain way. If Windows 8.1 starts to get decent uptake it will make it more economical for a developer to develop games for Xbox/Windows and port to PS4 than write for PS4 and port to Xbox. I think it will probably make Microsoft's ID@Xbox programme more successful than Sony's simply because more independent developers produce games for Windows. Many will be able to run on the Xbox with no coding changes at all. This feature has only come to light as part of the information released over the last couple of weeks about DX12 and Windows 8.1. Up until now it required substantial changes to port a game from Windows to Xbox One or vice versa.

foetus said:
What's happening with Watch Dogs? The hype has died down like nothing else.

It's due for release on May 27th. Have any of you guys seen the recomended specs for the PC version?

8 core CPU
700 series GTX graphics or equivalent
8GB of DDR3 Ram!... 8GB!!!

Insanely demanding. So much so people think it's Bullshit from the devs to stamp out rumours that they have had to dwnscale some of the games visuals to acomodate multi platform release. But the 8 core CPU is probably bollocks. CPU rarely bottlenecks games unless you're running something ancient. A decent quad core should be fine if you have the RAM and a decent graphics card. That amount of RAM posted as "recomended" is probably true though. That's an insamely large amount considering the recomended amount for for games like Crisis 3, Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light etc never went over 4GB.

The lowest settings specs are still listed as needing 6GB of Ram... That's crazy!

Was up for Watchdogs at first but then realized same studio as Assassin's Creed and i've given that franchise so many chances to hook me. I'll probably rent the game eventually just to give it a shot but what I'm really looking forward to from Ubisoft is The Crew. Heard it takes over 2 hours to drive from west coast to east coast of U.S. in the game.

BlakeTheBlue said:
CPU rarely bottlenecks games unless you're running something ancient.
Not actually true. Whilst games don't usually max out the CPU, small processing delays in the CPU lead to inefficient GPU scheduling. More cores means more active threads, which means less processing delays and so more optimised GPU scheduling. The biggest change in DirectX 12 is code to improve the GPU scheduling as it really does make a big difference. For this particular aspect of game performance the number of CPU cores is key whilst the actual clock speed of those cores doesn't matter as much.

Anyone kno when a decent racer is released for ps4? Waiting for Driveclub should have been a launch title but still not released

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.