PSG readying an offer for Aguero? The Times

I think Mbappe for Kun would represent a risk for sure. But if we added Sanchez to our squad as well, then it would mitigate that risk somewhat.

Also agree on how/why we'd consider selling. Only way it happens is if Kun says he wants to go. And even then it'd cost PSG a world record fee.

Sanchez and Mbappe would be great additions to the squad but the question is PSG are willing to bid with a world record fee and wages for Aguero ,or any of our current stars.(I might be wrong here but they did try and sign Yaya in 2014 with a low offer and didn't follow up once that bid was rejected) and would it be enough for us to afford both (wages could be an issue)?

if he were to be adequately replaced

That's the thing..he will NEVER be adequately replaced..you can mention the likes of Mbappe or the latest flavour of the month..but there is absolutely no guarantee they will go on to have HALF the career he has had

169 goals in all comps for City..10 away from Eric

He is absolutely irreplaceable

Both us as fans and him as a player will know when his time is up

It isn't now

Sanchez and Mbappe would be great additions to the squad but the question is PSG are willing to bid with a world record fee and wages for Aguero (or any of our current stars (I might be wrong here but they did try and sign Yaya in 2014 with a low offer and didn't follow up once that bid was rejected) and would it be enough for us to afford both (wages could be an issue)?

I think PSG know that if they want to keep Verratti and one or two of their other top players who are being courted by clubs in England and Spain then they need to invest in some top themselves players this summer. They've also said publicly that they have a budget of about 250 million euros before any player sales.

From our side it's a similar scenario. We can afford to sign Mbappe & Sanchez without selling Kun IMO. We'll probably raise 100 million in sales this summer from the likes of Kelechi, Mangala, Hart, Unal, etc. Plus there's loads of room in the wage bill.

That's the thing..he will NEVER be adequately replaced..you can mention the likes of Mbappe or the latest flavour of the month..but there is absolutely no guarantee they will go on to have HALF the career he has had

169 goals in all comps for City..10 away from Eric

He is absolutely irreplaceable

Both us as fans and him as a player will know when his time is up

It isn't now

He as a player can't be replaced by another player or like for like in my opinion, much like YaYa, truly exceptional.

But I do much the same as I do with YaYa that the right system could replace him.
I wouldn't sell him,

But I do think a front three of Jesus, Sanchez & Sane would score more goals that Sane, Aguero & Jesus.

But Sergio was obviously striving greatly to improve his team contribution last year, so next season he may look, we may look much more fluid.

Only works for me if Sanchez signs. If that happens, I can't see Aguero playing much anyway, and he will surely want to play and score a lot of goals to get his place back in the Argentinian national team?

I'm surprised that the usual cabal didn't question your allegiances after furious denunciations. I'm mildly disappointed @karen7 and @oakiecokie.

Honestly though, this isn't going to happen. I do think there is a small chance that Sergio leaves this summer (despite the statements of the club), but he certainly won't be leaving to PSG.

Qatar and PSG are at a state of economic war. Barcelona shirts are banned in Saudi Arabia, because of their links with the Qatar Foundation. Publicly expressing sympathy for the Qataris is now illegal in the UAE. These states have a deeply ingrained tribal mentality. It would be a national embarrassment if UAE royalty was to be seen doing business with Qatari royalty at this time.

I think PSG know that if they want to keep Verratti and one or two of their other top players who are being courted by clubs in England and Spain then they need to invest in some top themselves players this summer. They've also said publicly that they have a budget of about 250 million euros before any player sales.

From our side it's a similar scenario. We can afford to sign Mbappe & Sanchez without selling Kun IMO. We'll probably raise 100 million in sales this summer from the likes of Kelechi, Mangala, Hart, Unal, etc. Plus there's loads of room in the wage bill.

It's not impossible for us to sign them and accommodate both into the team but I am still very cautious about the whole situation. Even with the player sales it is going to be a tight squeeze with the financial side imo. Are PSG that serious in signing Aguero or they are going take the piss during the transfer window?

It's not impossible for us to sign them and accommodate both into the team but I am still very cautious about the whole situation. Even with the player sales it is going to be a tight squeeze with the financial side imo. Are PSG that serious in signing Aguero or they are going take the piss.

PSG's new DoF is a pretty serious guy. He previously worked at Porto where he developed an excellent reputation and as such he has been given total control of player trading at the club. The first thing he did was pull the plug on a move for Aubamayang that Kluivert had lined up so he will have to deliver a world class attacker otherwise he won't look very good. It's also true that Kun's agent (one of them anyway) is close to Henrique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.