PSG seal 150 Million a year sponsorship!

Camo Bentley said:
SWP's back said:
Not related parties by european accounting definition so fair or market value doesn't come into it. Check the rules fella.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for informing me.

My point is that football is better as a whole when the competition on the pitch is close and exciting and meaningful. There must be some fair and reasonable way to maintain the intergrity of the leaguse without clubs going bankrupt, or resorting to racketeering and laundering money. Who will be the next Rangers?

The lowest and poorest clubs must be able to keep touch with the richest top clubs. Obviously it's more complicated with some clubs competing in Europe but football as a whole would be more exciting if more revenue was shared (or some other advantage like players) with clubs lower in the table. They could play better football, matches are closer, more entertaining, and will appeal to a wider audience. Do top clubs really need to hoard nearly two full teams of internationals for squad rotation? Imagine at least two superstars at each and every PL club. That is my hope for the future and it will never happen... !

So, wage caps, squad caps, etc and let the supporters benefit with better prices on tickets and broadcasts and travel.
Who gives a fuck? It certainly won't be City or PSG as we have fucking rich owners pumping money in.

I would be worried if I was a fan of an ageing team with owners that only take money out though.

SWP's back said:
Camo Bentley said:
SWP's back said:
Not related parties by european accounting definition so fair or market value doesn't come into it. Check the rules fella.

My point is that football is better as a whole when the competition on the pitch is close and exciting and meaningful. There must be some fair and reasonable way to maintain the intergrity of the leaguse without clubs going bankrupt, or resorting to racketeering and laundering money. Who will be the next Rangers?

The lowest and poorest clubs must be able to keep touch with the richest top clubs. Obviously it's more complicated with some clubs competing in Europe but football as a whole would be more exciting if more revenue was shared (or some other advantage like players) with clubs lower in the table. They could play better football, matches are closer, more entertaining, and will appeal to a wider audience. Do top clubs really need to hoard nearly two full teams of internationals for squad rotation? Imagine at least two superstars at each and every PL club. That is my hope for the future and it will never happen... !

So, wage caps, squad caps, etc and let the supporters benefit with better prices on tickets and broadcasts and travel.
Who gives a fuck? It certainly won't be City or PSG as we have fucking rich owners pumping money in.

I would be worried if I was a fan of an ageing team with owners that only take money out though.

That's nearly all of the Premier League, if you go by those who want FFP.

Camo Bentley said:
SWP's back said:

Floored theory. Its been the injection of cash at Chelski and then City that created a 3 horse race for the title and brought more world class players into the EPL than ever before. The new TV deal is a direct result of that cash injection. Looking at value for money well City are excellent value for money. The idea of forced parity is akin to the Yank idea of milking a sports "franchise", in other word its fans for every penny. It goes against everything that has created such a demand for the EPL. The next deal will reach £6 billion after that it will go to £10 billion and plateau. The TV money will however mean that the WBA, Stokes and Evertons of this world will be able outbid most other teams in Europe aside from the chosen. Either way its looking very good for the EPL and after PSG latest gesture, better still for us.

bluemanc said:
If that's right what SWP has posted some clubs are in the shit & it aint us.
It is right mate.

Camo Bentley said:
city91 said:
Well done PSG, IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with what they have done. They are offering a service to a business who are paying them for it.

This deal is blantantly out of bounds. The "retroactive" component should be the first clue.

It should be easy to establish the market value of sponsorship, within a certain range. We have many years of sponsorship data for all the different leagues and the types of businesses that advertise, including travel/tourism markets.

Fair market value will take into account:

-what does this company pay its other sponsees (travel mags, websites)
-what would similar companies bid for such a deal
-domestic exposure and what other clubs get for similar advertising
-international exposure and what clubs get for comparable deals on average
-television presence around the world

There is not even close to value for money here, PSG have minimal international following, and French football as a whole even less. Qatar Tourism Authority are paying 100 quid for a packet of crisps. And another hundred for a retroactive bag that they didn't even eat.

But maybe you don't know that qatar owns also BEinsport france (80% of ligue1,liga, calcio, bundesliga,nba, nhl, boxe....), Beinsport USA ( in usa ) aljazeera sport; with the aim to promote french football so you should see things in a different way

Not a single article in the British press on the PSG story today. Nowt, Nada, Zilch, Sweet FA.

Funny that.

Camo Bentley said:
SWP's back said:

Must be a right fucker when you've been the 'big I am' all these years and someone else can just take the piss out of your seemingly divine right to be top dog.

Then go crying to a french wanker and his cronies to try and stop it. And when that doesn't work it becomes "life's not fair".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.