PSG Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACL injury confirmed for Bernat. There goes our only good fullback... Nightmarish season.

We couldn't buy Telles earlier and now, we need him...

At the moment, we have no left back with Bernat out for injury and Kurzawa out for 6 games after his red against OM.

What’s with PSG goal keeping situation ? Do they not keep loaning them out are they over stocked ?

They probably don't rate Areola too highly

Yet he is playing in the prem for Fulham prior to that they had Deigo Rico on loan from PSG Areola has also been at Madrid They have also had Buffon a couple of seasons ago see like they are wasting money @Parisian seems to think they need to spend a lot on midfield I just wondered if anyone knew more about there situation because I do not follow them at all

What’s with PSG goal keeping situation ? Do they not keep loaning them out are they over stocked ?
Areola is shit. Very bad goalkeeper. Used to be the biggest prospect in France when he was younger. He had very good loans at Bastia and Villareal but then he flopped at PSG. The guy had an incredible record of 9 goals taken out of 10 shot on target the season we lost the title to Monaco. We would dominate the whole game, the enemy team would shot once and score and we would lose or draw. He was that bad.

This year, we upgraded a lot by taking Navas and we sent Areola the other way because Madrid needed a back up. He is surplus to requirement now that we have got our duo of GK with Navas and Rico. The biggest problem is Areola renewed after the World Cup and got an absurd wage raise with his new status (world cup winner and new face of our academy in the pro group after Rabiot left for free) and the fact he was months away from being out of contract. The guy has the salary of a top 5 GK in the world while he is not even top 50. Madness.

Can't thank Fulham enough for taking this deadweight and pay his wage even if it is only for one year.

Yet he is playing in the prem for Fulham prior to that they had Deigo Rico on loan from PSG Areola has also been at Madrid They have also had Buffon a couple of seasons ago see like they are wasting money @Parisian seems to think they need to spend a lot on midfield I just wondered if anyone knew more about there situation because I do not follow them at all
PSG try hard to make their academy players successful. They even gave him the first GK position while he didn't really deserve it. He was not good enough. We took Buffon for free in order to be his "mentor". Both Buffon and Areola were shit though. Now, thankfully, we have got a true world class GK with Navas. Rico is just there because he knows he is the second goalkeeper and is cool with it. Areola was always kind of 1.5 Goalkeeper : not good enough to convince when he is the number 1 and cannot settle as a number 2.

Last edited:
They probably don't rate Areola too highly
The guy gave me and all PSG fans nightmares. Every single occasion from the opponents, you would stop breathing because he was known for 1 shot on target = 1 goal stats during a good part of 2016/2017 season.

How much relieved are we now ? We were in constant stress and fear. And omg, he is so bad in penalty kick exercice despite his height. Also, he is often being "lobbed" due to his bad positioning.

TS would always fight with him by heading the ball when the opponent were making a corner because he couldn't trust his GK to catch the ball.

The guy gave me and all PSG fans nightmares. Every single occasion from the opponents, you would stop breathing because he was known for 1 shot on target = 1 goal stats during a good part of 2016/2017 season.

How much relieved are we now ? We were in constant stress and fear. And omg, he is so bad in penalty kick exercice despite his height. Also, he is often being "lobbed" due to his bad positioning.

TS would always fight with him by heading the ball when the opponent were making a corner because he couldn't trust his GK to catch the ball.

From what I have seen of Areola I agree with you not being good enough

PSG try hard to make their academy players successful. They even gave him the first GK position while he didn't really deserve it. He was not good enough. We took Buffon for free in order to be his "mentor". Both Buffon and Areola were shit though. Now, thankfully, we have got a true world class GK with Navas. Rico is just there because he knows he is the second goalkeeper and is cool with it. Areola was always kind of 1.5 Goalkeeper : not good enough to convince when he is the number 1 and cannot settle as a number 2.

Why have you been loaning him out for years tho ? Seems pointless he is not a kid

Why have you been loaning him out for years tho ? Seems pointless he is not a kid
For years ? What do you mean ? His earlier years or the latter ones ?

If the latter ones, he is surplus to requirement with us having signed Navas. He can't be sold because he has a top 5 salary in the world for a GK while being sub top 50. Raiola finessed us.

If the early years, we loaned him to give him full seasons of playtime to come back as an experienced and ready made GK. Our goal was to have him, an academy player, protect our cage for a decade. Sadly, he never confirmed his elite youngster potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.