PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

It's the difficulty, not really sure how best resolved. Maybe could be an opt in, opt out thing for ST holders who know they can't make it to the game.
Maybe, some offer or free voucher would encourage s/ c holders to take part, be interesting if it works at Liverpool, definitely worth looking into.

psg6.jpg

tbf his idea isn't bad, it would be great if more local people could be in the ground. especially considering a lot of the people near the ground dont earn a lot. Id give more free tickets to the schools in the local area.

shame your from the midlands ;)
300 grand houses going up, my apartment cost 230 grand, we're not all paupers in Beswick you know

Agree re free tickets for schools, back in the main rd days that went on a lot. I don't see any downside. Fill the stadium and maybe sell a bit more tat (however the price we charge for a pie you'd need to be giving tickets to eaton kids!).

The club do give tickets to schools, I asked about this as a reward for the football team from my Primary school and was prepared to pay for them but the club gave them to us.

I like the idea that locals can register with the club, and fill at late notice (for free) any seats that are unsold or empty after about 10 minutes. Believe Liverpool are trialling a scheme like this next season.

I think that's a brilliant idea. As PSG is a sell out, it will be interesting to see just how many empty seats there are at that game, my guess is not very many. When people have bought a ticket especially for a particular game, they are much more likely to turn up.

It's clear that a huge swathe of seats are left empty by season ticket holders not turning up. I appreciate people have work and family commitments and can't attend every game, but right near me there are 4 season ticket holders who regularly don't turn up and pick and choose the games they can be bothered with. Perhaps they do have other commitments, but it's startling how those commitments don't seem to be evident at the derby, or Chelsea or other big games.

I think a lot of people have just got complacent. Whether that's down to the fact we've had some success, or it's our fan base being a lot older than other teams and they are not as committed to the cause anymore, or whether is simply that the football we've been served up has been so tepid that people can't be arsed. I remember it being the same in Pearce's last season, you couldn't give tickets away to go and watch that shite. I'm sure it will change next season if that is truly the case.

But I think the idea of having some local kids who normally couldn't afford a ticket getting the opportunity to come in for free and occupy seats that season ticket holders didn't attend is a great idea. It could be quite easy to implement with modern technology. The season ticket holders could have an app and they simply have to press a button if they are unable to attend, and local kid's parents could get a text or email to let them know there is availability last minute.

I'm sure the technology is there. It would be great if season ticket holders could attend every league match, but that is clearly not the case over the last couple of seasons, and it seems to be increasing every year.

I think that's a brilliant idea. As PSG is a sell out, it will be interesting to see just how many empty seats there are at that game, my guess is not very many. When people have bought a ticket especially for a particular game, they are much more likely to turn up.

It's clear that a huge swathe of seats are left empty by season ticket holders not turning up. I appreciate people have work and family commitments and can't attend every game, but right near me there are 4 season ticket holders who regularly don't turn up and pick and choose the games they can be bothered with. Perhaps they do have other commitments, but it's startling how those commitments don't seem to be evident at the derby, or Chelsea or other big games.

I think a lot of people have just got complacent. Whether that's down to the fact we've had some success, or it's our fan base being a lot older than other teams and they are not as committed to the cause anymore, or whether is simply that the football we've been served up has been so tepid that people can't be arsed. I remember it being the same in Pearce's last season, you couldn't give tickets away to go and watch that shite. I'm sure it will change next season if that is truly the case.

But I think the idea of having some local kids who normally couldn't afford a ticket getting the opportunity to come in for free and occupy seats that season ticket holders didn't attend is a great idea. It could be quite easy to implement with modern technology. The season ticket holders could have an app and they simply have to press a button if they are unable to attend, and local kid's parents could get a text or email to let them know there is availability last minute.

I'm sure the technology is there. It would be great if season ticket holders could attend every league match, but that is clearly not the case over the last couple of seasons, and it seems to be increasing every year.

Been in the Apple shop today to get my phone fixed and the technology could work like their customer service:
1. Local youngster says they wish to take up a seat and get a text confirmation
2. Club text young / local fans to head to ground / named entrance.
3. Fans assisted to enter the ground.

Still pretty complex and relies on season card holders giving notice that they are not using tickets (as said before).

FWIW I think the Liverpool scheme is that if you're not in your seat 10 minutes on, tough.

Don't favour that as it would cause aggravation for staff and potentially turn away existing paying supporters.

FWIW I think the Liverpool scheme is that if you're not in your seat 10 minutes on, tough.

Don't favour that as it would cause aggravation for staff and potentially turn away existing paying supporters.
Yeah it seems harsh that. There are many genuine reason why somebody might fail to get to their seat before the 10 minute mark. Seems like it'd cause more problems than it would solve that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.