PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

Maybe he does. In that case I'll just say he's wrong. The prices are becoming a joke and its people like him who don't think there's a problem which will see them rise again and again and again.

I think most people agree that prices are too high, not just at City but across the league. I think our season tickets are reasonably priced and will renew but if I think a cup/CL game is overpriced, I simply won't buy a ticket.

I think most people agree that prices are too high, not just at City but across the league. I think our season tickets are reasonably priced and will renew but if I think a cup/CL game is overpriced, I simply won't buy a ticket.
Season tickets in the main are reasonably priced. The problem is when those fans who've held said season tickets for decades can't go to watch the team they've followed through thick and thin in cup competitions because of an absurd pricing policy.

Season tickets in the main are reasonably priced. The problem is when those fans who've held said season tickets for decades can't go to watch the team they've followed through thick and thin in cup competitions because of an absurd pricing policy.

The problem is then how you price the tickets. Thousands no doubt have been priced out but some will have been priced out at £20, others at £30, £40 etc. What or who determines what a fair price is?

The only way I can see prices changing is if people stop buying tickets for those games where they think the pricing isn't right. Whether we like it or not, the club is a business and businesses tend to set prices at a level they think will bring in the highest income. Personally I think this is a little short-sighted but we haven't been a profitable club over the last few seasons and while ticket revenue is a small % of our income, it is still an important % if we are to continue to invest heavily in the squad.

You don't know if it was a lie about the club being opposed to the £30 away cap or not, you're presuming it was a lie.

As far as I recall, as it became clearer, there wasn't a vote on whether or not a cap should be imposed, but a canvassing of opinions of all Premier League clubs from the PL big wigs. In which meetings, we apparently made it clear we were opposed to it, along with several other clubs.

You're presuming it's a lie in the same way others are presuming it's true.

There is evidence it was true given the club's that were in support of it were beginning to discuss mutual agreements of caps for away fans at their respective grounds, once those league wide cap discussions hit the buffers due to other PL clubs opposition.

We were not one of those clubs discussing mutual agreements.

Then the protests at Anfield happened, gained a national audience, and that tipped the scales with the £30 PL wide away cap following not long after.

So unless you have anything that points to it being untrue that we were opposed to the cap, then it's quite clear you're guilty of presuming also.

As an aside, re your final point, that's a pathetic argument for not protesting. Those who chose to protest would be doing so for the benefit of those who chose not to take part also. Anyone looking at this from such a perspective would be guilty of being extremely short sighted, and not looking at the bigger picture.

Exactly this “You're presuming it's a lie in the same way others are presuming it's true”

Therefore without any facts and evidence of which there are none, you can not use this as part of your campaign against the club and ticket prices.

“As far as I recall, as it became clearer, there wasn't a vote on whether or not a cap should be imposed, but a canvassing of opinions of all Premier League clubs from the PL big wigs. In which meetings, we apparently made it clear we were opposed to it, along with several other clubs”

This is conjecture and to clarify what that means

Meaning of Conjecture - an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

There was 20 Premier League Chairman in that room so for anybody outside that room to form an opinion is guessing. Basically a Clattenburg style Journalist.

“There is evidence it was true given the club's that were in support of it were beginning to discuss mutual agreements of caps for away fans at their respective grounds, once those league wide cap discussions hit the buffers due to other PL clubs opposition”

There is no evidence and never has been once again conjecture never proven and again a journalist story. You are once again using a journalist lie.

“So unless you have anything that points to it being untrue that we were opposed to the cap, then it's quite clear you're guilty of presuming also”

You can only deal with the 1 fact we have and that is a cap of £30 was agreed for all away fans it brings into question the statement that 7 clubs were against it. Because if they were it would never have gone through.

So I say once again you can’t use lies to try and strength your argument.

As for your campaign to initiate a walkout. Ask yourself this question what would hurt the club more

Fans walking out at 60mins against a mid table team or Fans not buying tickets and a half empty stadium being broadcast around the world on a champions league QF night.

They aren’t going to change the prices now so the only logical protest is not to buy the ticket. But I have said it before £50 for a Champions League QF isn’t expensive.

What price did you actually think these were going to be.

I can kind of see where the club are coming from, but the worry is the precedent it sets. If they're hanging their hat on this "biggest night in the clubs history" slant, then what about if City actually win? £70-75 for the semi-finals?

£60 is way too much. I begrudgingly paid £55 for Barcelona the other year, but won't pay more than that for this. If I can get £45 Family Stand, then great. If not, then it'll have to be watched on telly.

In general, prices for football are becoming out of control. I've given some consideration to following a team overseas tbh. The price of a Season Ticket + regular flights or trains isn't vastly different.

Just to clarify the actual prices for an adult if you are a season card or citizen card holder are

Colin Bell and East Stand Level 2 - Adults: £55
Colin Bell Stand and East Stand Levels 1 & 3 - Adults: £50
Family Stand and South Stand Level 2 - Adults: £45
Family Stand Level 1 and South Stand Levels 1 & 3 - Adults: £40

So where is this £60 coming from as no season card or citizen card holder is getting charged that. I suppose to get a campaign going the truth needs to be stretched more. But hey don't let the facts get in the way.

I won't be walking out of the west brom game after 60 minutes

my protest will not be going to the CL game

and that's the correct way to protest if that's how you feel. My ticket is (I'm on the cup scheme) £50, and like the club I think this is fair enough for a CL quarter final - considering the same seat would have cost £58 for the derby the other day.

We best be warning the stewards to open all exits at 60 minutes. Else were all gonna be queing up to squeeze through them rediculous turnstiles on the spiral ramp exits.

Im in btw. Il be off with my lad bang on 60!!

Edit to my reply. I wrote my reply at the start of the thread, which is flying now. If the ticket spout of £60 is wrong them il think again. But we should at least stand together for the fans that have to pay more... closer to the said £60. Just because they can afford better seats than most of us shouldnt mean they have to pay that much more on a occasion like this.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.