PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

Why don't we have a 'No Spend Sit In' rather than a walk out? This includes no going for any refreshments at HT or buying anything pre-match in either the Club Shop or Bars.

It's a Win Win!

Those who feel the need to protest can do. The stadium stays full and avoids thousands setting of to the bar 30 minutes in and the club suffer financially which is what hurts.

Just imagine the chaos if not one program was sold, or all the pies, chips and beer remained unsold.

This is all about profits not image. The stadium being half empty and the team having no support to cheer them on is detrimental to the team not profits.
good change of direction but at utd the owners found Chinese tourist bought programs a full kit and scarfs at every visit then the glaziers did not want local fans who only bought a pie and pint

city have the seventh most expensive tickets at just over £35 on average and whilst i sympathize with your predicament i like wise have not had a pay rise in years we do not live in the poorest areas of the country. the protest gained national support as liverpool were increasing their tickets from £40 to £58 to pay for a nice shinny new stadium for their owners portfolio. liverpool will go ahead and they will follow the arsenal method of downsizing everything /youth staff players and wages.the fans will see not one penny of the tv deal.
as for city they will get ridiculed by the press . it will be fans cannot bear to watch rubbish.or city fans do not want champions league football. when it comes down to tv money the epl is already in a massive deal that did not stop villa making massive losses and city posting a tiny profit for the first time in years. stop blaming Soriano do not bother with your walkout go the whole hog bring your banner Sheikh Mansour out.
me i think 60 pounds is good price for the biggest game for decades against one of the top 3 teams in the world. with one of the best players on the planet who may never play at city again

Love comments like this. All it was missing is "if you don't like it go and support a cheaper club".

You don't know what you're talking about. As shown by the BBC's price of football survey our cheapest adult ticket (minus the small deduction that comes if you buy a £35 Cityzens membership) in the league this season was £42, the most expensive was £58.

Our ground is in one of the most deprived areas of the country, and our fanbase is overwhelmingly working class.

Our trend is towards ever increasing ticket prices, of prioritising the £ over the supporter.

This is a club with a turnover of £360m, the 6th largest in world football; above Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Ticket revenue makes up a fraction of that turnover, and will be even more insignificant when the new TV deal money comes in next season.

Football supporters being screwed by greedy faceless bean counters trying to squeeze them of every last quid of their hard earned is something that everyone is talking about at the moment, and it's something everyone can empathise with, something everyone is against and revolted by. We'd have overwhelming support if we protested and it would be in the best interests of our support, and by the same direct token, our club, longterm to do so.

Protesting Soriano and Glick's mismanagement and prioritisation of a couple decimal points on the books over what's best for the support is not equivalent to sticking it to Sheikh Mansour, and nor does it mean we want him out and a return to yo-yoing through the divisions. What an absolutely pathetic response.

If anything, such a protest would be an attempt to go above Soriano's head and appeal directly to Sheikh Mansour, as for all we know he might think the people he's employed as custodians of the club are doing right by the supporters and everything's rosy. Well they're not, and it's not all rosy.

Thankfully most blues don't see this the way you do, because otherwise we'd all be fucked.

I wonder how long it'd be until people like you were trying to justify £80 tickets.

Soriano could invite himself round to your house and have your missus over the kitchen table and you'd still pat him on the back for a job well done, he might even groan "hashtag together" as he reached climax so it'd all be worthwhile I'm sure.

PSG aren't one of the top 3 sides in the world by the way, not that it matters or would even serve as justification for £60 tickets and the kind of trend that is setting anyway.

Enough is enough for me.

The new TV deal means the revenue generated by match ticket prices now becomes pretty insignificant to the club(s) and you would like to think they understand that Premier League games have got that deal because of the atmosphere created by fans at games. We all know it's not as good as it once was in terms of atmosphere but that's due to the clubs pricing fans out of the game and this is the last step for me personally. I'm in a lucky position and can afford it but on principle after that statement I will be joining the 60 minute walk out and the club can get fucked if they think I'm signing up to any Champions League or domestic cup schemes next year. If we ever go down the route of enforcing those schemes with the season ticket then that'll go too. Fucking disgusting statement by the club.

Why don't we have a 'No Spend Sit In' rather than a walk out? This includes no going for any refreshments at HT or buying anything pre-match in either the Club Shop or Bars.

It's a Win Win!

Those who feel the need to protest can do. The stadium stays full and avoids thousands setting of to the bar 30 minutes in and the club suffer financially which is what hurts.

Just imagine the chaos if not one program was sold, or all the pies, chips and beer remained unsold.

This is all about profits not image. The stadium being half empty and the team having no support to cheer them on is detrimental to the team not profits.

That's probably a better idea.

Personally I won't be walking out against West Brom. If I wished to protest against prices for the PSG game, I would do so by not buying a ticket for that game, rather than the West Brom game.

I agree that prices are too high for most games and I accept that ticket revenue is only a small % of our total income but that % of our income is still important as the club have made a loss in most recent years and only made a small profit last year. I would be more pissed off about it if the club were making huge profits and/or not investing in players but that isn't yet the case.

The club won't like the publicity of a walk out but in reality they don't really give a shit about hard working fans as neither club in the top 2 divisions.

The clubs are more interested in sponsorship and rinsing the most out of the corporate scene.

But if we do nothing then it tells the club we will take any shit regardless.

My view would be boycott CL game.

Booing the CL anthem means fuck all as we have paid to boo and the UEFA laugh in our faces.

The club won't care about fans leaving early other than the bad publicity as they will already have had our money so a boycott on refreshments, programmes etc may be a way forward.

Maybe we should all wear Demechellis masks as an insult as he certainly doesn't give a fuck about our club.

One thing for sure,I won't be walking out after 60 mins,this is a game I'm confident of us winning...........and want to soak it all up,well OK a draw at worse then

Yep...bully them into submission,everyone that doesn't tow the line is a WUM or a rag ha
I'm guessing that PB has checked his IP address and discovered the poster isn't in Salford but Calcutta. So yes, call them out all day every day.

Enough is enough for me.

The new TV deal means the revenue generated by match ticket prices now becomes pretty insignificant to the club(s) and you would like to think they understand that Premier League games have got that deal because of the atmosphere created by fans at games. We all know it's not as good as it once was in terms of atmosphere but that's due to the clubs pricing fans out of the game and this is the last step for me personally. I'm in a lucky position and can afford it but on principle after that statement I will be joining the 60 minute walk out and the club can get fucked if they think I'm signing up to any Champions League or domestic cup schemes next year. If we ever go down the route of enforcing those schemes with the season ticket then that'll go too. Fucking disgusting statement by the club.
Of all the arguments being put forward, that phrase is the one that makes sense to me. It's exactly how I feel. Enough is enough.

I still feel like football tickets should never cost more than £30 and I also feel like City should be doing more for families. A bloke who goes with mates can pay £60 as a one off, throw a couple of kids tickets in and it becomes ridiculous. What's more, we're not likely to be going into this game absolutely buzzing about watching the side. At the moment it's the worst City have played since Pearce was at the club. We're dire and though we all still love City and want to watch them, the thought of paying £60 to do so at the moment isn't appealing (though I've still done so!).

Will be missing as I have just bought two tickets to see a QF CL home tie, never been able to do this before in 66 years following City.
Win or lose up the Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.