PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

For a quarter final of the most prestigious club football competition on the planet i think the prices are very reasonable.

You are broadly right about the Barcelona pricing Marvin. I'm in CB L3 and the ST price for a ticket last season for the last 16 game was £50 or £45 if in CL scheme and this year for the last 8 game with PSG it is £50 but with no CL scheme discount.

As for the strong reaction this season I think one reason is the way they presented the information on the site. The headline price is £60 and that is the one that is attracting all the attention yet the reality is that for Cityzen cardholders and 95% of Season Ticket holders the price range for Adullts is £40/£45/£50.

The other reason is that Ticket prices generally are being condemned everywhere particularly when you look at the increased revenues for the clubs with the new TV deals. For example City will earn c£50million more per annum from 16/17 from the PL deal. If City go on to increase ST prices for next season there will be widespread outrage on here.

As PB has pointed out elsewhere as well, the club is awash with increased revenue this year for the Champions League as part of new deal that kicked in for this season.

I'm quoting myself but as per the bolded bit they really fucked up with the way it was presented on the OS. Someone has had a roasting and the £60 price is now NOT directly mentioned. The prices haven't changed but all more consumer friendly. LOL.

See here:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2016/March/PSG-ticket-information/1458321292

This whole thread smacks of attention seeking.

Piss off after sixty minutes if you wish. It will probably remove the air of negativity in the process.

Goodbye you will not be missed.

Here is the screenshot of the new page from the OS now that they have "got rid" of any direct mention of the £60:

2ijrpe1.jpg

This whole thread smacks of attention seeking.

Piss off after sixty minutes if you wish. It will probably remove the air of negativity in the process.

Goodbye you will not be missed.

Is that you Txiki ?

PB you should know better than that some of us have been following City for 30 years and spent large fortunes in travelling all over the country and Europe. To many on here having been through those years spending £50 on a QF is fuck all. But to the new breed fans if you don't like it then it is simple don't buy the fucking ticket. Or lets all turn into sympathy loving scousers.
It's hilarious... Anyone on any thread that has a different opinion or disagrees with him is either a "rag".. a " WUM" ..or a "troll"... He usually plants one of them 'terms' knowing at least one arse licker will bite & take his corner,people are starting to notice what a bully he is its been mentioned in other threads without naming names...

Been thinking about the options after reading as many of the threads as possible.

Forget the tennis balls. Searches, stopped from going in, CCTV, bans, etc.

Option 1.

Meet up as usual on the concourse like any matchday. Stay on the concourse.(singing City and protest songs) Get as many other City fans to do likewise. After X amount of minutes, to be agreed, I would go for 10-15 minutes, go on to the terraces, display protest banners(make your own if need be), and stand in complete silence.

Why silence. Because regardless of all the outrage from City fans across social media, the club has stayed silent, only releasing a predictable and scripted response. That aside, silence is free and everyone can do it. If people want to celebrate if City score, that's up to them.

Option 2.

Take your seat as usual at the start of the game. Display protest banners.(see above) Stay silent.(see above) Then at a given time during the match, to be agreed, leave the terraces, go on to the concourse, and stay there until the final whistle.

The terraces have to look and be empty for as long as possible. 5 minutes isn't enough time to get maximum exposure on the TV. If this protest is going to be done properly, and with the desired impact and effect, the terraces have to be empty for between 10-20 minutes.(or a agreed time)

We only have a few weeks to get this protest organized properly. We need to make a decision ASAP and stick to it. Once we've agreed on the protest we need to spread the word via every social media platfom, via the supporter branches, fan groups, etc.

Any feedback, positive or negative, on the 2 suggestions, would be welcomed. Perhaps a BM poll?

'WITHOUT THE FANS CITY IS NOTHING'

For a quarter final of the most prestigious club football competition on the planet i think the prices are very reasonable.
I don't agree they're "very reasonable" but you're entitled to your opinion. Me, I won't pay £50 or more for a ticket to a game other than final.

But I'll make the point again that what any individual finds reasonable or unreasonable is entirely personal but largely irrelevant. I don't expect Soriano to ring round all 40,000 S/T holders to find out waht they all consider reasonable for a game like this. The problem is that, when setting prices before we've played the first leg, the club's main responsibility in respect of this historic tie should be to see the ground full, first and foremost. To provide the players with a good atmosphere rather than having to see swathes of empty seats.

They know the last match was far from a sell-out. They know we don't like the CL that much as a fan-base. So if they have any sort of feel for the club and us, the fans, if they have any sort of conception of what it means to be a fan or what passionate support will mean to a player, they would have sacrificed some potential income (and we're talking less than £150k here) in favour of a full-house, sold out even before the first leg takes place. But they haven't. They've chosen to potentially grub an extra £150k from us, for a game they're already getting £10m for playing.

It's so depressingly short-termist and proves why Soriano is a fucking shite CEO. Cook, for all his faults, would have got this priced right and sold-out within a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.