Public Transport

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
At Last !!!

Our state government have done something really good. From August all public transportation, Buses, Trams, Trains, Ferries will be 50 cents per journey (about 26 pence).

Should take some cars off the road and persuade people to think about using public transport. I think it's the future as more and more people want cars, when I grew up we had 1 car, now families have several.

I'm always impressed when i go to Asian countries like Japan or Singapore at the awesome public transport.

People in the UK should tell politicians to make it better and cheaper as a priority and a vote winner.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it just being cheaper is gonna work here. Although it might help to start.

I drive to London these days. If I got the train for me, the mrs and the nipper it would cost in excess of £250. Unless i plan to go this time next year on a full moon.... then we might just get it for a similar cost to the car.

Costs me £60 in diesel there and back. Takes 3 hours from mine to Canons park where i park. Then a 25 min tube journey.

Buses are free for FOCs after 9-30. In Manchester trams can be added to the FOC bus pass for £10 a year.
An FOC train pass knocks about 30% off the price which is OK unless you travel to London in which case it's still bloody expensive. The FOC train pass is £30 per year or £70 for 3 years IIRC.

Merseyrail is ok. I can get to New Brighton, Chester or Southport with ease at about £6 for an all day pass. The all day any bus ticket is £5.50 too which pays for itself after three rides.

It's the pits. No one will shift out of their car primarily because of journeys home from work like I am having right now.
Trams to Bury up it due to road traffic accident in Piccadilly so I caught the bus. 135, horrible journey anyway made 10 times worse by being jammed packed.
Everyone then turfed off the bus just before heaton Park. I am now stuck on a another bus going a circuitous route to Bury.
I left work at 4pm over 1 1/2 hours ago and I am not even in bloody Prestwich yet.

At Last !!!

Our state government have done something really good. From August all public transportation, Buses, Trams, Trains, Ferries will be 50 cents per journey (about 26 pence).

Should take some cars off the road and persuade people to think about using public transport. I think it's the future as more and more people want cars, when I grew up we had 1 car, now families have several.

I'm always impressed when i go to Asian countries like Japan or Singapore at the awesome public transport.

People in the UK should tell politicians to make it better and cheaper as a priority and a vote winner.
Some European cities have made theirs free to residents.

Won't happen here as it all profit driven by arseholes such as stagecoach.

I booked a train this week.
Return to London euston for next month so plenty of time in advance.
£369.40
Good job my work are paying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.