Pubs in Blackpool on Sunday

squirtyflower said:
Ducado said:
I don't think the new Wetherspoons lets in groups of fans on matchdays, but there are 100's to chose from and because it's not a big place you will never be that far from the ground, the only one I would avoid is the Bloomfield near the ground.

There is a place called the Swift Hound which is right next to the Odeon, a modern place that does food and it is more or less opposite the ground on Rigby Road
do they have tv screens for sky sports?

I think they may have, but I can't be too sure

The swift hound isnt very away fan friendly on match days...over zealous security etc etc....

For blues who are strangers to this town i have to call home, do youselves a favour. if you are drinking in the town centre avoid Gillespies on topping street and the pubs around queens square (Walkabout, Fy1, bar 19). These are frequented by the local (ahem) firm and they feel there are scores to settle after City smashed up a couple of pubs back in 99.

The pubs around the foxhall are pretty friendly, and theres a new one called ma Kellys where its £1.80 a pint. If you dont mind a few quid in a cab, then the Burlington on lytham road is a good pub, with loads of screens for the footy.

If theres any Sam Smiths drinkers (as in Sinclairs). The bispham hotel on red bank road serves the nectar. Its about a tenner in a cab to the ground from there.

Another little bit of info. This is Blackpool Police's first cat A match and they are not used to dealing with the new capacity and might be a bit exciteable .

hope any of this helps out!!!!

blue5_5_1 said:
The swift hound isnt very away fan friendly on match days...over zealous security etc etc....

For blues who are strangers to this town i have to call home, do youselves a favour. if you are drinking in the town centre avoid Gillespies on topping street and the pubs around queens square (Walkabout, Fy1, bar 19). These are frequented by the local (ahem) firm and they feel there are scores to settle after City smashed up a couple of pubs back in 99.

The pubs around the foxhall are pretty friendly, and theres a new one called ma Kellys where its £1.80 a pint. If you dont mind a few quid in a cab, then the Burlington on lytham road is a good pub, with loads of screens for the footy.

If theres any Sam Smiths drinkers (as in Sinclairs). The bispham hotel on red bank road serves the nectar. Its about a tenner in a cab to the ground from there.

Another little bit of info. This is Blackpool Police's first cat A match and they are not used to dealing with the new capacity and might be a bit exciteable .

So have you heard rumours they fancy having it with city? if so there will only be one winner :O)

Ducado said:
squirtyflower said:
do they have tv screens for sky sports?

I think they may have, but I can't be too sure

Was speaking to Blackpool fan today who goes in Swift Hound before games and she said they will not let any groups of lads in at all. As mentioned very keen on the door.
In the streets behind the The Foxhall pub (Dale St and Foxhall St) there are about 4 or 5 pubs who seem to be having a price war at the moment, £1.80 - £2 a pint. Literally 5 mins walk to the ground.

The Fixer said:
blue5_5_1 said:

So have you heard rumours they fancy having it with city? if so there will only be one winner :O)

Yes, they will be out in numbers......they have gained a bit of a reputation and are wanting to make an impression on the premiership

blue5_5_1 said:
The Fixer said:

Yes, they will be out in numbers......they have gained a bit of a reputation and are wanting to make an impression on the premiership

Bwahahahahahahahahaha seriously fooking blackpool haha this will be fun, thanks for the heads up mate.

Just been posted on another City forum ....

******** CITY BARSTAFF AT THIS PUB IN BLACKPOOL**********

Awaypub

#1 14 Oct 2010 09:03 Email | Complain | Prev | Next |
Signed: October 2009 away fans pub for Blackpool match ...
Trialist

Blues welcome at The Old Bridge House pub, Lytham Rd. Just around the corner from BFC ground, designated away fans only.

And despite living in Blackpool, two of our bar staff are Blue mancs, born and bred near Maine Rd....I used to sell burgers there...oh the memories.....walking home down Platt Lane stinking of onions..

Bob in for a pint, great atmosphere and big screen SKY SPORTS HD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.