Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

Perhaps the people who run the club are tired of Nike and there's some falling out that's happened, such as, as we became more successful we asked for increased sponsorship and Nike refused
All speculative of course

Bored of one of the 2 most prestigious sports brands in the world? mmm if we signed with Adidas which is their main competition could be, but we signed with Puma a brand for medium teams. To receive 30 million more per year and decrease the prestige in clothing, I do not think this is a big business for the City where there is plenty of money.

Bored of one of the 2 most prestigious sports brands in the world? mmm if we signed with Adidas which is their main competition could be, but we signed with Puma a brand for medium teams. To receive 30 million more per year and decrease the prestige in clothing, I do not think this is a big business for the City where there is plenty of money.

Third largest sportswear company in the world with 2017 revenue at over €4 billion, also Puma sponsor Virat Koli who is a God in India
At the end of the day who cares if our kit is provided by the first , third or tenth largest manufacturer! Where were Umbro on the list when we signed with them back in 2008?
What we are getting is market value sponsorship from a totally unrelated party who can market our club worldwide. We are their number one and I'm certain because of this,Puma will put all their efforts into raising our visibility
If we were sponsored by Adidas, would they be promoting us over Real Madrid, or would/are Nike doing so over Barcelona?

Staff at the club are on strict orders to keep quiet but it is Puma, 100 percent.

£300m over five years.

As we saw this week with Pep wearing his Puma jacket nod, the drip of info will perhaps loosen up once the Christmas shopping window is all done.

Love Puma, their trainers and retro stuff are the best in the business.

They've also signed Silva and Kompany to boot deals.

Third largest sportswear company in the world with 2017 revenue at over €4 billion, also Puma sponsor Virat Koli who is a God in India
At the end of the day who cares if our kit is provided by the first , third or tenth largest manufacturer! Where were Umbro on the list when we signed with them back in 2008?
What we are getting is market value sponsorship from a totally unrelated party who can market our club worldwide. We are their number one and I'm certain because of this,Puma will put all their efforts into raising our visibility
If we were sponsored by Adidas, would they be promoting us over Real Madrid, or would/are Nike doing so over Barcelona?

Manchester City accepted this offer from Puma not to be underestimated in relation to United, Chelsea and other teams that receive figures greater than 50 million euros a year. Manchester City does not need these 30 million difference, we just lost Mangala that cost us 50 million and surely it will go free and they will import these 30 million that is lost with respect to what Nike paid, it is a matter of ego more than money.

"Prestige in clothing". I've heard it all now. You've got your priorities all messed up if you think City should care about the prestige of the company that make our shirts. It's the other way round.

Manchester City accepted this offer from Puma not to be underestimated in relation to United, Chelsea and other teams that receive figures greater than 50 million euros a year. Manchester City does not need these 30 million difference, we just lost Mangala that cost us 50 million and surely it will go free and they will import these 30 million that is lost with respect to what Nike paid, it is a matter of ego more than money.

As I said, we are now receiving market value for a club of our sustained success and profile
And we do need the extra €30m a year. Have you seen how much a really fucking average midfielder costs from Juventus?

We should probably look to our on field performances to see why Nike don't see the value in giving us a massive deal. It's definitely a myth that the number of fans or shirt sales significantly effect the deal you get, because top sports brands are more interested in being associated with sporting excellence. Puma don't sponsor Usain Bolt because everyone's buying his replica running spikes, although being a popular team can certainly allow you to continue to get good deals despite not being great on the pitch. But the deal was seemingly being negotiated last year. And while we were probably the best team in Premier League history last year, we can't look past the fact that until that point, we'd only won one title in a Nike shirt, appeared in no European finals, and our last two finishes were 4th and 3rd in the league. We certainly had no right to claim to offer a better return on investment than Chelsea, other than perhaps the fact that we were always in the Champions League. Obviously Puma see the potential in a new deal, and are ultimately gambling on the Pep revolution offering sustained success.

But I think that the top few brands are all fairly similar, and ultimately it doesn't make much difference whether you have Nike, Adidas or Puma. Perhaps once you get to brands like Umbro or Le Coq Sportif, you could argue that they might not have the same distribution networks. But that's definitely not a problem for Puma. I've never been to a sports retailers anywhere in the world that doesn't sell plenty of Puma stuff.

"Prestige in clothing". I've heard it all now. You've got your priorities all messed up if you think City should care about the prestige of the company that make our shirts. It's the other way round.

All the big clubs care who sponsors their clothing, I doubt that Real Madrid, Barcelona, United, Bayern, will change their prestigious brand of sportswear to a less important when they are at the best moment in their history.

We should probably look to our on field performances to see why Nike don't see the value in giving us a massive deal. It's definitely a myth that the number of fans or shirt sales significantly effect the deal you get, because top sports brands are more interested in being associated with sporting excellence.

As I said in a previous post, perhaps it's that City don't believe that Nike or Adidas would put their efforts into raising our visibility, where as with Puma, we are their number one sports team so they will

All the big clubs care who sponsors their clothing, I doubt that Real Madrid, Barcelona, United, Bayern, will change their prestigious brand of sportswear to a less important when they are at the best moment in their history.

They all go with the money
Real Madrid is the jewel in Adidas' crown as is Barcelona to Nike
Adidas are shareholders in Bayern Munich

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.