Pumped Up

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
Is it just me but the players and managers all seemed so pumped up this season.

It's not something I really like to see, yes show emotion but things seem to be going to far now.

Chelsea manager going mad at the end, obviously arsenal. In other games I have seen it to.

Perhaps it's my FOC kicking in.

Is it just me but the players and managers all seemed so pumped up this season.

It's not something I really like to see, yes show emotion but things seem to be going to far now.

Chelsea manager going mad at the end, obviously arsenal. In other games I have seen it to.

Perhaps it's my FOC kicking in.
No you are totally right about this.
I've noticed it this season as well.
There seems a toxic atmosphere now at most grounds when even a free kick goes against the home team.
Chants about corruption or "fuck off Tierney"(as the dippers were singing yesterday) have proven a nasty underbelly in the attitudes towards officiating this season.
Managers demanding replays, apologies etc is sinking the game to a new low and players seemed pumped up by this and believe they shouldn't lose a tackle never mind a goal or a game.
It seems if a team lose a game nowadays they must of been cheated against in some way

No you are totally right about this.
I've noticed it this season as well.
There seems a toxic atmosphere now at most grounds when even a free kick goes against the home team.
Chants about corruption or "fuck off Tierney"(as the dippers were singing yesterday) have proven a nasty underbelly in the attitudes towards officiating this season.
Managers demanding replays, apologies etc is sinking the game to a new low and players seemed pumped up by this and believe they shouldn't lose a tackle never mind a goal or a game.
It seems if a team lose a game nowadays they must of been cheated against in some way
Same everywhere. Look at the tolerance of commentators, ref and VAR threads.

Echo chambers create partisansship.

Maybe clubs fans have learnt that creating an Anfield type atmosphere where you fight for every single decision while at the same time put as much pressure on refs and officials as you can helps your team on the pitch enourmously.. it’s where the 12th man comes into force..
the more unpleasant a trip to your stadium for opposition players and fans the better is what I say.

I meant the players and managers not really the fans.

Arteta getting the support of his club after that ridicules rant the other week. Players want to argue every decision. Celebrating like they have won the league.
Its seems to have gone up a few levels from last year and its something I dont like.

PS Anfield is normally like a library dont believe the hype

I'm not sure exactly what Poch was upset about after the game but he used the post match conference, when the immediate post match emotions had subsided, to apologise to the ref and Pep for his behaviour. In stark contract to Arteta who not only doubled down in the post match conference, got his club to release a stupid statement backing him the following day.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly what Poch was upset about after the game but he used the post match conference, when the immediate post match emotions had subsided, to apologise to the ref and Pep for his behaviour
Not happy that referee blew final whistle when Chelsea had possession and he reckoned Chelsea were in an attacking position.

I'm not sure exactly what Poch was upset about after the game but he used the post match conference, when the immediate post match emotions had subsided, to apologise to the ref and Pep for his behaviour. In stark contract to Arteta who not only doubled down in the post match conference, got his club to release a stupid statement backing him the following day.
Agree, think Poch seems a decent human being. Also he has had a previous management rivalry with Barca/Espanyol.
It takes humility to apologise.
This is a quality neither Klopp or Arteta have.
Klopp is a bully, who is one of the best winners in football. Woe betide when he loses though (his excuses are hilarious).
Think both Arteta & Arsenal were well out of order after the Gordon goal, against them.
Both Liverpool & Arsenal clubs have made accusations against Premier League officials this season.
Surely, they should keep their opinions to themselves and let the managers moan/whine/whinge...

... an Anfield type atmosphere.
You mean like your recent local derby, where you could hear a pin drop for the majority of the game.

Obviously other than when a free-kick went against you (the team).

...the more unpleasant a trip to your stadium for opposition players and fans the better is what I say.

Hey, why not sling a load of missiles at the opposition's coach on their way in too, all good fun, extra man and all that laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.