Pumped Up

Been going on forever - top of head that Chelsea champions league match where players all chasing the ref, I remember UP Pardew scraping with Wenger, Cantona to Palace fan, Beckham abuse, Keegan on Ferguson , Mourinho (where do we start?!) poking that opposition guy in the eye and bust up with various managers,Suarez bite, Klopp loses it every year at some point. Bowyer/Dyer fight. Sure I’ve missed out hundreds going back years.

Let’s not forget everything is televised now and heightened by social media and also.. we love it.

The League is fairly open and a number of sides are in contention to win it, which invariably heaps pressure on managers and pumps up players. I’m not a fan of players running off on their own to celebrate and do knee slides. Much prefer it when they gather as a group and keep the celebrations muted. Always gives the impression that all goals are collective efforts and that the group is more important and stronger than any one individual.

You mean like your recent local derby, where you could hear a pin drop for the majority of the game.

Obviously other than when a free-kick went against you (the team).

Hey, why not sling a load of missiles at the opposition's coach on their way in too, all good fun, extra man and all that laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Yes you make decent points
The recent derby v Everton had a very poor atmosphere, It’s gradually got worse over the years, I think there is a lack of feeling and passion contributing to that, how can a person from Scandanavia,, Surrey or The Far East get excited for a game against Everton.. probably never even met an Evertonian, it’s a fixture which means nothing to him.

The coach incident v City was dreadful behaviour by reds fans not acceptable at all.. did it help or work tho.. well the outcome of the match might of given people an indication of that, it obviously worked as one team was definately unsettled and affected by it.
Everton did it without the poor behaviour last season when visiting teams arrived at Goodison and it deffo helped in keeping them up.

The recent derby v Everton had a very poor atmosphere, It’s gradually got worse over the years, I think there is a lack of feeling and passion contributing to that, how can a person from Scandanavia,, Surrey or The Far East get excited for a game against Everton.. probably never even met an Evertonian, it’s a fixture which means nothing to him.

The coach incident v City was dreadful behaviour by reds fans not acceptable at all.. did it help or work tho.. well the outcome of the match might of given people an indication of that, it obviously worked as one team was definately unsettled and affected by it.
Everton did it without the poor behaviour last season when visiting teams arrived at Goodison and it deffo helped in keeping them up.

I guess with lfc telling the scousers that City were using another route into Anfield. Plus lfc and the fans knowing that their police force wouldn't stop the attack or arrest anyone.

This gave lfc and its fans free rain to attack the City coach knowing that lfc and the police would do nothing.

Lfc clearly decided to take a 17k hit was worth it, to gain an advantage in the first leg

I wouldnt call this 'pumped up' I would call it an organised attack on the City coach. Lfc told the scousers which route was being used after the original was charged due to Citys concerns of an attack. Merseyside police knew the attack was going to happen and did nothing to stop it or arrest anyone. The fans knew they were doing this with the full backing of lfc and the police.

Dont get confused between being pumped up and organised violence

...The coach incident v City was dreadful behaviour by reds fans not acceptable at all.. did it help or work tho.. well the outcome of the match might of given people an indication of that, it obviously worked as one team was definately unsettled and affected by it.

WOW!
WOW!
WOW!

WOW!

Dreadful behaviour...

...but it worked???????????

So, you're sort of saying the ends justified the means?

There's a lad I know who pisses me off simply by talking to me, if I kill him and chuck his body in the local reservoir (obviously I'll have to weight him down with stones or something as I, much like your club's feral fans, also don't want to get punished for doing it), then he won't talk to me anymore and I won't be pissed off by him, sorted, problem solved!

thoughts? ;)

I'm not sure exactly what Poch was upset about after the game but he used the post match conference, when the immediate post match emotions had subsided, to apologise to the ref and Pep for his behaviour. In stark contract to Arteta who not only doubled down in the post match conference, got his club to release a stupid statement backing him the following day.
Pochettino is a wanker and I know this word gets thrown around willy nilly these days, but he really is a fucking fraud.

And some corners of our fanbase wanted him as manager. Get in the same bin as that other useless prick Rogers.

WOW!
WOW!
WOW!

WOW!

Dreadful behaviour...

...but it worked???????????

So, you're sort of saying the ends justified the means?

There's a lad I know who pisses me off simply by talking to me, if I kill him and chuck his body in the local reservoir (obviously I'll have to weight him down with stones or something as I, much like your club's feral fans, also don't want to get punished for doing it), then he won't talk to me anymore and I won't be pissed off by him, sorted, problem solved!

thoughts? ;)
Liverpool fans overstepped the mark with attacking the City coach and Madrid one too.. there is a fine line between creating a hostile atmosphere and thuggery.. I think its very easy to overstep as when people are in gangs and in that case outside a pub you only need a few idiots and loads jump on board.. bit like sick chants in a ground a few start next thing a few thousand..
I grew up going in the 70 and 80s so bad behavior and songs are never gonna effect me like the woke fans of today.
I don't really know which way the coach could of gone as Anfield is like old Maine Road as in hemmed in by houses and places for ambush and crowds were always gonna congregate right outside the ground where it happend. Unless you are gonna have a line of police either side of the road for half a mile.

You're either a WUM or just a fuckin half wit.

Either way fuck off.

Liverpool fans overstepped the mark with attacking the City coach and Madrid one too.. there is a fine line between creating a hostile atmosphere and thuggery.. I think its very easy to overstep as when people are in gangs and in that case outside a pub you only need a few idiots and loads jump on board.. bit like sick chants in a ground a few start next thing a few thousand..
I grew up going in the 70 and 80s so bad behavior and songs are never gonna effect me like the woke fans of today.
I don't really know which way the coach could of gone as Anfield is like old Maine Road as in hemmed in by houses and places for ambush and crowds were always gonna congregate right outside the ground where it happend. Unless you are gonna have a line of police either side of the road for half a mile.
did you used to carry a stanley back in the day lad? proper scouser like?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.