Punk and New Wave thread.

Sid Vicious's birth certificate
Simon John Ritchie
View attachment 126268
I've got a large framed early pic of The Pistols , from 1975, signed by Glen Matlock.. below the pic is a bit of detail about the start of the band starting with the immortal quote
" are you trying to createt trouble sonny ?" said the young police constable in perfect earnest ...

Goes on to describe how the band were .looking for their first gig and kept pestering their supposed manager Malcolm! McLaren to sort something out....Glen Matlock then took it upon himself to book 2 gigs at St Martin's school of art..where he was social secretary for the year 1975....how convenient. The band supported Bazooka Joe,a rockabilly outfit from north london....who had Stuart Goddard in their line up.
Lots of tension between the two bands on the night and it all kicked off !

Weird when you realise that people in their mid 20s when punk started are now in their 70s.

I overheard three old timers in the boozer the other week talking about music. Was expecting them to be reminiscing about Vera Lynn and shit. But I overheard them talking about The Clash and The Ramones instead.

Weird when you realise that people in their mid 20s when punk started are now in their 70s.

I overheard three old timers in the boozer the other week talking about music. Was expecting them to be reminiscing about Vera Lynn and shit. But I overheard them talking about The Clash and The Ramones instead.
Johnny, Siouxsie and Billy Idol are.all approaching 70!
And then there is Charlie Harper!

crass4inspite2.jpg
Banned from the .....covid thread/ Roxy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.