Punk and New Wave thread.

The Damned are releasing a DVD of their reunion tour. The Manchester date.
I didn't go cos I didn't wanna pay £60 but the very same night I saw 999 at Star and Garter for £10!

I paid £75 to see them playing their first two albums, and had I known that's what the tour was about I'd have given it a miss. It was basically a tour to give Brian James a few quid as he's not in the best of health, but what pissed me off is the band wanted him to learn the guitar chords of a few popular crowd pleasing tracks after he'd left the band but he bluntly refused.

I'd have been happy to see 999 again tbh.

I paid £75 to see them playing their first two albums, and had I known that's what the tour was about I'd have given it a miss. It was basically a tour to give Brian James a few quid as he's not in the best of health, but what pissed me off is the band wanted him to learn the guitar chords of a few popular crowd pleasing tracks after he'd left the band but he bluntly refused.

I'd have been happy to see 999 again tbh.
I was there at the Apollo as well. I've got to say the sound was the worst I think I've heard at a Damned gig. The CD was far better but you pay for the overall performance not pay again to hear it properly. i didn't have a problem with just the first two albums as I only started watching them on the Strawberries tour and by then it was mainly New Rose and NNN.

Looking forward to the Deecember gig though with Strawberries and The Bleck Album taking centre stage. Paul Gray will be able to manage all the others as well.

I was there at the Apollo as well. I've got to say the sound was the worst I think I've heard at a Damned gig. The CD was far better but you pay for the overall performance not pay again to hear it properly. i didn't have a problem with just the first two albums as I only started watching them on the Strawberries tour and by then it was mainly New Rose and NNN.

Looking forward to the Deecember gig though with Strawberries and The Bleck Album taking centre stage. Paul Gray will be able to manage all the others as well.
Yeah I agree, I too thought the sound wasn't the best. Although I enjoyed seeing them as the original line up i came away feeling underwhelmed and don't think it was worth the money.

The December gig at The Academy on the 6th? I'm tempted to see them play those 2 albums especially for a reasonable £45 plus booking fee. Saw both album tours back in the 80s and Strawberries is in my top 20 albums list with The Black Album not far behind. Should be a good gig...

So what ? ; )
crass4inspite2.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.