Punk and New Wave thread.

Is this a Clarkie? Maybe you have a point about The Stranglers but how the hell can punk have ended in 76 when The Ramones Leave Home and Rocket to Russia came out in 77?

To be fair mate. When I was leaving Manchester for Canada all my mates used to bug me by saying, "They think the Ramones are punk over there".

Still got all my 7" singles from back then. All bought from the underground market, Robinsons records, Yanks, that one with the listening booths (I think Ian Curtis worked there at the time). First gig was the clash at Belle vue, 50p admision. Buzzcocks at the same venue, Buzzcocks at the mayflower club. Siouxsie, Penetration, x ray spex, Slits, Patrtick Fitzgerald, Rock against racism gig at Alexander park right before I moved to Canada. Still listen to it everyday. Dead boys, Eater. Johnny moped etc..
I didn't get into the American stuff until much later, Pixies, Husker du, Rollins band. Although Devo were some pretty cool motherfuckers.

Never heard of them before. That track sounds decent. Many bands lost their way. Just needed a vut of backing. I was briefly a drummer in a band. Vamana. We thought we were good. Never did a good though.
Surprised nobody has mentioned Wythenshawe's finest yet.

1: Cranked up really high
2: Where have all the boot boys gone
3: I'm Mad

Great band then, one of the best, saw them quite a few times and still going strong now. In Japan I believe...........I think Wayne Barrett is living in the states now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.