Put your name down if you think Hughes should stay

masterwig said:
Just interested in who on here still thinks he should remain manager. No comments from the Hughes out brigade please, there are enough threads for you to say that in. I just want to see how many people back Hughes.

For the record I think he should stay.

I'm fed of of our managerial merry-go-round, so I think he should stay and get time to build HIS team.

Seems to me that there are quite a few saying or implying,

"well we have got him and although I think he's a pillock better to stick with him because (a) we need continuity and (b) we haven't got anyone else".

I wonder how many would vote "stay" if the poll was preceded with the words:

Mourinho has offered to take over on a 4 year contract starting immediately. Put your name down if you think Hughes should stay?

I cant see what good it will do in sacking Hughes now. In my view, i'd keep him and let him buy his own players and mould his own team and give him a full season next season. You only need to look at Martin O'neill at Villa, he had a slow start and gradually built his own team, his efforts are coming to fruition now. Hughes has bought well up to now apart from TBH. The only concern is some of his tactical decisions and playing players out of position, i hope there is some kind of reason for doing this with the current players at his disposal.

If we can get another 3 half decent players who can fit into our side alongside some of the quality players we have, i hope to see a big transformation in the second half of the season. With the current position we are in, a top eight position and a prolonged run in the UEFA Cup will be a satisfactory season and that would give us a platform for the following season with the chance of more quality signings in the summer.

Lets stick behind Hughes and get behind the team CTID

Stay (unfortunately) as the timing isn't right to get rid of him at the moment. If the January window had shut and we were still in such an awful position (or if the window didn't exist and we had our current squad until the end of the season) then now would be time to get shot of him, however sacking him now would screw the transfer window for us. Unless there's a monumental improvement between now and May he should be sent packing at the end of the season, giving whoever the new guy is 3 or 4 months to build a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.