QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor performance from us, but look at this this was - that was Spurs best. It's clear what we have to do and I think we can.

Delph struggled and was not composed enough. Was surprised kev and sane didn't play, with spurs high press those two would have been ideal for the odd direct ball option.

Just reading the reports this morning and have to say, amazing how the media kick it up a gear about the injustice of VAR when it is spurs as the victim, not PSG or us as in other rounds. Exactly the same case in all, but the outcry is far louder today. The game has gone, apparently. Imagine if Sergio had actually scored it, they'd have had a campaign started to nullify the result. This change in interpretation from the officials seemed to start in this competition with the one against Ota, the pundits justified that one and the PSG one as it let united through. Now it's a big problem apparently.

Plus, also being reported that Kane was either injured trying to block a delph pass or actually by delph. No mention of the fact he'd tried to take delph out and come a cropper. He'd been chucking himself into challenges all night, so that one is on him.

We'll have these second leg, three or four. Only half time.

If we do go through next week, what's to say we won't play the same sort of side in the semis?. A very risky strategy if you ask me .

Poor performance from us, but look at this this was - that was Spurs best. It's clear what we have to do and I think we can.

Delph struggled and was not composed enough. Was surprised kev and sane didn't play, with spurs high press those two would have been ideal for the odd direct ball option.

Just reading the reports this morning and have to say, amazing how the media kick it up a gear about the injustice of VAR when it is spurs as the victim, not PSG or us as in other rounds. Exactly the same case in all, but the outcry is far louder today. The game has gone, apparently. Imagine if Sergio had actually scored it, they'd have had a campaign started to nullify the result. This change in interpretation from the officials seemed to start in this competition with the one against Ota, the pundits justified that one and the PSG one as it let united through. Now it's a big problem apparently.

Plus, also being reported that Kane was either injured trying to block a delph pass or actually by delph. No mention of the fact he'd tried to take delph out and come a cropper. He'd been chucking himself into challenges all night, so that one is on him.

We'll have these second leg, three or four. Only half time.
I hope your right mate, us as fans have a huge part to play next week, bring the noise.

Everytime we supposedly try and rest players banging, on about 2 games in 3 days etc, it backfires. Maybe we should think like that in training, seem to pick up a lot of knocks and niggles there.
Now got to pull our tripe out even more to overturn this.

I am disappointed with the attitude the players were sent out with. I would have liked to see a little more attacking intent when we had the ball. The result is not the end of the tie by any means but we could have done so much better than this. The team put out could have won the game with a bit more attacking intent. So many players checked their forward runs so many times and went backwards so often. That comes from the manager and I don't blame the players for doing pretty much what they were told.

Now we have got to take a few risks, which could have been avoided by being more attacking last night. I think we'd have been better taking those risks in the away leg; home goals don't do as much damage as away goals do. It has put us on a bit more of a tightrope. We can win it, of course we can, but will we?

I sympathise with the fans who have shelled out a fortune to travel and watch the last two matches and been treated to two overly negative, almost mourinho-esque, displays. But I think it is fairly clear from his refusal to back the fans over ticket sales and uefa, and his comments in press conferences on those two topics that the manager has no real connection with the fans at all, and I find that a bit sad. That said, he is paid to do a job and if we go through next week, he will have done it.

After the dust has settled and considering we did not really give it a go I think pep will be happy with 1 nil loss with the game at our place to go.

But in the return leg we have to go back to playing pep style football not the return to the slow peligrini stuff that we have served up in the last two games.

Oh bloody damn right he would be happy,chuffed to bits in fact,but he needs to face up to the fact he got it wrong,again,something he has done regularly in the CL,a synic could possibly suggest that he’s scared of us facing his team (his words not mine) in the final and beating them,but like you say the dust has now settled,we heave a chance of putting it right next week,from a fully fit squad if Bernardo is ok,let’s hope we use that astonishing fact at this stage of season to our advantage.

The only other thing I’d like him to do is stop thinking too far ahead,like a snooker player,he says in conferences that it’s one game at a time,but clearly he had an eye on Palace match and possibly even further than that with that team selected last night.

I’m confident we will progress, and still win the league ,though it’s gonna be done the hard way again with looks of things

1-0 down at half time and 100 pages of moaning. F off and support Huddersfield. That was a the strongest side Spurs could field, it wasn’t ours. Next week they will be weaker we won’t. Lose the first leg of a CL tie you have the second leg to turn it around. Lose against Palace and the league could be gone. Get behind the team like never before. When we win next week I expect 100 pages of people apologising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.