QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were dominating until Delph's brainfart. Not great but it really wasn't poor.

Yeah it was massive shame that their goal came just as we'd started to turn the screw. That said, with our fullbacks, we were only ever one brainfart away from conceding against the run of play. That's why I think we should have prioritised getting the away goal ahead of hoping we could get a clean sheet. You don't need a clean sheet away from home.

1-0 down at half time and 100 pages of moaning. F off and support Huddersfield. That was a the strongest side Spurs could field, it wasn’t ours. Next week they will be weaker we won’t. Lose the first leg of a CL tie you have the second leg to turn it around. Lose against Palace and the league could be gone. Get behind the team like never before. When we win next week I expect 100 pages of people apologising
tut tut nowt wrong with Huddersfield made, not all are moaning, didn't you get your leg over this morning why be so angry!

kept away last night,
strange team selection, really felt the 3-0 at anfield affected this, for us a conservative performance
the lack of an away goal could really hurt us next week, i hope not but its now on a knife edge

Fucking hell Pep, you've reignited my 'Cityitus' just as I thought I was cured.
Will this season be defined by two missed penalties? I fear so, but hope not.
When all other players are only taking one or two touches, Mahrez gets on the ball and the momentum stops. He's the Rodney Marsh of this generation - without the tricks!
I'd love to know what Pep has got against Sane - I'm hoping he's going to unleash him for run-in, but why leave it so late last night when an away goal could be vital?

The next two games - like our old floodlights - will be massive. The return of my 'Cityitus' is not good for my health - but I wouldn't have it any other way ;-)
Come on City!

1-0 down at half time and 100 pages of moaning. F off and support Huddersfield. That was a the strongest side Spurs could field, it wasn’t ours. Next week they will be weaker we won’t. Lose the first leg of a CL tie you have the second leg to turn it around. Lose against Palace and the league could be gone. Get behind the team like never before. When we win next week I expect 100 pages of people apologising

This. It wasn't that long ago that a 1-0 loss away from home in the first leg was regarded as a decent result in European games. Now with all the hype about keeping a clean sheet, scoring an away goal, if any of those don't come to pass there's more flapping than a cat in an aviary. Personally, I'd rather be where we are now, especially with all the new stadium factors out of the way, than the other way round with a trip south and a 1-0 lead. Oh and btw if that was the case there'd still be 100 pages of moaning.

Yeah it was massive shame that their goal came just as we'd started to turn the screw. That said, with our fullbacks, we were only ever one brainfart away from conceding against the run of play. That's why I think we should have prioritised getting the away goal ahead of hoping we could get a clean sheet. You don't need a clean sheet away from home.
At least you watched the same game as me. The Spurs crowd were quiet and nervous. Maybe if Pep had put Sane or DeBruyne on whilst we were in control we could've nicked that important away goal. Anyway, all to play for and think we can do this Spurs side 2 or 3 at home.

As far as I’m concerned, whatever everyone talks about Pep’s strategy and squad management, there is still zero excuse for playing Mahrez ahead of Leroy. None whatsoever.

You see what Sam Lee said last night? Reason was because Mahrez offers more defensively, will track back etc, and his all round game in an away leg, was a better fit. Not saying I agree, as I’d say it’s even more important to score away than it is at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.