QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have done a better job. I'd have played De Bruyne and Sane for a start.

If you can't criticise a coach when he makes obvious errors, then when can you?
You don’t know it’s an obvious error because you’re not privy to what goes on behind closed doors.
As for you doing better? We’d probably be fighting for a europa place if the players had to listen to you.

The failure to score away goals is often terminal in this competition but Spurs are the type of team we can get 4 or 5 against if we get a few breaks. Personally I expect a high scoring game next week and we may need at least 3 goals to win the tie. Sticking my neck out I go 4-2 City a bit like the Monaco game a while back.
Anyone who has been watching the CL over the years should know a lot of these games get decided in the last ten minutes of the tie.

No I am saying it as it is. KDB and Sane on the bench when you donlt have your main man in Bernardo? Mahrez starting. This was the key game.

What's he going to do at OT? Adopt the same frightened approach? Spurs must have been absolutely loving that line-up and our caution. We had the chance to kill the tie there and then but because Pep has carried so much criticism in the past for not being pragmatic in the Champions League he changed his side. You have to stay true to your beliefs unless you really are up against it. Not the night to make the changes he did.

Watch Pep's post match presser and he explains why we didn't go gung-ho. A penalty miss and a Delph fuck up from being a really good away from home result in Europe. Too much hysterics going on. By all means judge him if we go out.

I’m fuming with Pep, that team selection and performance and now I’ve just forked out £150 on tickets for the 2nd leg. Happy Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.