QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will win the second leg, no problem. Stop whinging.
This is not the Church of Pep you know. If he gets it wrong he should be criticised for doing so.
His judgement in the Champions league appears flawed to me. I didn't follow it last night.

If others were questioning, I'd stay silent but I want to know what on Earth was in his mind when he chose to be so cautious in what was a relatively easy tie (as CL quarter Finals go). Is this what we can expect now in every big game, Pep losing his nerve?

Still can’t believe we didn’t score at least one goal. So many half cut chances and possession for a QF in the CL. And a penalty as well.
Spurs didn’t have many chances themselves.

Yes. The line-up surprised me a lot and didn’t fill me with confidence. But overall the 0-1 defeat seems harsh despite the team not performing top notch.

I think the negativity on here is over the top. You can argue about the line-up or why bringing on Sane and KdB so late. And that is pretty much it really.

We can get through yet 1-0 is a dangerous scoreline. It was all about the away goal.

Still can’t believe we didn’t score at least one goal. So many half cut chances and possession for a QF in the CL. And a penalty as well.
Spurs didn’t have many chances themselves.

Yes. The line-up surprised me a lot and didn’t fill me with confidence. But overall the 0-1 defeat seems harsh despite the team not performing top notch.

I think the negativity on here is over the top. You can argue about the line-up or why bringing on Sane and KdB so late. And that is pretty much it really.

We can get through yet 1-0 is a dangerous scoreline. It was all about the away goal.
There is not much more fundamental to coaching than the line up and subs. He clearly picked a side not to take risks and stay in the tie, i.e. avoid the debacle of Anfield last season. That's my opinion. I believe City paid the price for Pep dealing with the demons of his CL past when we would have been much better off attacking them and playing or usual game. You clearly think so too, but leave other people to say it. In fact I bet 95% of blues are totally bemused at what Pep was trying to do but none will say it.

We know what was in his mind. His past caught up with us, and we paid the price for him losing his nerve.

No manager is perfect. I just hope we get away with it.

I would be very very embarrassed if I were him next time I appeared in front of the press. In a Champions League tie when you are the favourites and clearly the better side, you exploit that and do not cower before the game. Bottled it Pep. Good job you have a lot of credit in the bank.
On numerous occasions elite European teams have narrowly lost
This is not the Church of Pep you know. If he gets it wrong he should be criticised for doing so.
His judgement in the Champions league appears flawed to me. I didn't follow it last night.

If others were questioning, I'd stay silent but I want to know what on Earth was in his mind when he chose to be so cautious in what was a relatively easy tie (as CL quarter Finals go). Is this what we can expect now in every big game, Pep losing his nerve?
We got twatted twice at Anfield last season so this year Pep learned from his mistakes, adopted a more cautious approach and we were in control of the game and he was rightly praised. No talk on here then of him losing his nerve.

Penalty scored, and I think it would have been 0-3.
Maybe but fact remains we still played very conservatively and it stemmed from Pep.
On numerous occasions elite European teams have narrowly lost

We got twatted twice at Anfield last season so this year Pep learned from his mistakes, adopted a more cautious approach and we were in control of the game and he was rightly praised. No talk on here then of him losing his nerve.
I'd accept pragmatism against Barcelona not an inferior side who are exactly the type of side we should be opening up against.

You are all defending him out of loyalty to his position rather than behaving as City fans and thinking what is best for the team. He quite obviously got it wrong.

Its fairly obvious what was in his mind,our congested fixture list and his best chance of spreading his increasingly overburdened squad across the three competitions we are attempting to win.

Pep got it massivley wrong last night but even the best makes mistakes the thing that annoys me is we could have won the tie last night and players could have been rested spurs were poor and won 1-0.

Berny got injured pre match.
We were gonna lose at least once before the end of the season, rather it was this than a league game.
Pep made n error with subs, but on list of errors pep makes we can afford him a rare one.

On the scale of things as long as we beat palace and contunue to have the league still in our hands I have no worries we won't batter spurs at ours.

On an aside the new stadium as impressive it looks pitch side is buit for spurs fans, the away end concourse was no different to any other ground and the toilets were remeniscent of maine rd the amounts of piss and water on the floor.

Maybe but fact remains we still played very conservatively and it stemmed from Pep.

I'd accept pragmatism against Barcelona not an inferior side who are exactly the type of side we should be opening up against.

You are all defending him out of loyalty to his position rather than behaving as City fans and thinking what is best for the team. He quite obviously got it wrong.
Not defending him. If there is one manager in the world that doesn’t need defending it Pep Guardiola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.