QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty I wouldn’t be too upset to exit this competition and focus on the league and fa cup.

That would be ok if we were playing with our usual verve in any recent game. Nobody minds a ‘controlled, professional performance’ when the result backs it up, but we have a real fight on our hands to win the league.

We’ve come this far surely to goodness we are going to play a game between now and the final league game where we play our normal high energy game?

With this result we have now put ourselves in a predicament for Sunday, do we play a team with one mind of going strong in the second leg?

This could easily unravel if we don’t get back on top of our performances, and quickly

Fortunately once Palace beat us this weekend we'll play a full strength side in the 2nd leg

If we would have got a nil nil it would have been an acceptable performance

But now questions need to be asked about the team selection

No Kev
No Sane
No stones
No mendy

It’s a big game , if he wanted to keep it tight play Laporte at left back

Dave has been shit since his injury against Chelsea away , why not play foden

They will be there for the taking in the second leg , let’s hope he picks the team to get the job done

We got away with Delph last season, can he not see that ffs

The best team even though we were sloppy, but couldn’t understand why dr Bruyne and sane didn’t come on with twenty minutes left , they were fucked and we could have romped it .

Every touch on a Spurs player was a foul and fouls on us not given. Missed penalty should have been retaken for encrouchment but we were shocking again, just like against Brighton. We just dont like scoring these days and so sloppy passing with awful set pieces. But with the line up we had 1-0 is not the end of the world if we play as we can in the 2nd leg

not quite sure what a high horse backside is you utter cockwomble!!! -take that elrsewhere if you wish.
You’re a joke who thinks he’s a bigger fan than another just by insulting him. Fans like you need to look in the mirror and realise how pathetic you really are. Do you get an errction when you tell someone they’re not a city fan?

I’m confident we can beat them at home and go through. But can anyone, anywhere tell me why Mahrez started over Sane? I’m amazed.

City didn't look like scoring, and after the Kane injury Spurs lost a lot of belief. Thats when the subs should have come, that was the perfect time. Instead pep watched like he wasn't bothered, didn't care about an away goal which I find bizarre.

Yeah, we were well on top after Kane came off, that was the time to bring on Kev and Leroy. Pep obviously thought we didn't need to, but he hadn't reckoned on Delph making a massive mistake - which, in itself, was a massive mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.