QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez staying on that pitch for 87 mins was just baffling. Cut our losses and get rid

He doesn’t fit into our team. He’s weak, lazy and predictable

And also our most expensive and one of our worst signings in history.

1-0 not too bad Away goal would have been good, but I can only assume the pussies on here don't think we can beat spurs (without kane at) ours! Wtf!

It's more to do with the fact that defeat could have easily been avoided given the right team selection. Everyone knows we can turn it around at our place. Trying to play a low scoring, defensive game with the likes of Delph and Walker is asking for trouble.

Aguero is a terrible penalty taker and always has been. Others far better.

That said, we were poor in first half but considerably better in second half, with the goal against the run of play.

1-0 isn’t the end of the world, but we MUST get 3 at home, otherwise we are one slip, one free kick, one corner away from going out. That will not be easy, so I fully expect 50,000 nervous fans at the Etihad for that game. Spurs know they need to be solid and hit us on the break. They don’t even have to come out of their shell until we score a second.

Sadly, it’s going to have to be balls to the wall in the second leg, which is EXACTLY what we didn’t need with the league games we have!

I guess Pep knows more than me but right now with injuries and poor form I really don’t know what our best team is - but I know for sure Mahrez isn’t in it.

Strange decision to rest key players - we have 5 days until Palace to recover. I know he will have believed and trusted in that selection to get a result but the constant changing has to have an effect on rhythm.

It wasn't just the selection that was odd, it was the lack of urgency or pace. They were there for the taking. And let's not even start on the substitution timings!

1-0 down and people panicking because we didn't stick 5 in,,in reality 1-0 down at spurs with the return isn't bad at all, it could have been better but its not so lets get behind the side on Wed and do the doable

Nobody is saying we should have stuck five in. But we are a team that scores plenty of goals and in a competition where away goals count more, it would have been nice to see a bit more attacking intent or maybe for us to have changed things earlier.

Of course we can still turn it around but we've made it really hard for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.