QPR vs City: Post match discussion [Merged]

We were shit and no point hiding the fact, teams like this will be our downfall and that all boils down to attitude. We start games to slow and tempo is way to slow. Swansea, Fulham and QPR with a bit more luck or better forwards would all have beaten us. Our midfield is regularly over run by so called bottom teams. Our attacking players won't always bail us out
. having got that off my chest. Time to crack open another barrel :-)

City trailed in a Premier League game for the first time. Who stepped up pounded that 1st goal in to pull us even and get us going? Dzeko. Nuff said.

How many times will the Dzeko slaggers have to wipe the egg off their face before they believe?

Dzeko: Goal, Assist, MOTM in our toughest test to date.

QPR didn't deserve the 3 points against Chelsea and I'l be damned if I ever saw them having a good go at Spurs. I've only seen one team as poor going forward this season as QPR were that game, and that was Neverton at our place. And they weren't so much poor going forward, just had pretty much no desire too. They upped it for us, they'll be back to shite next week against whoever they're playing.

One thing that is quite interesting though, considering all this talk of Slurs teams bouncing back when down, etc etc.. Since being put in their place they've only actually scored 1 goal. Unfortunately getting in bed with the devil means days like today, they don't manage to score and still get 3 points. But I'd hardly call whatever they're doing right now 'bouncing back'. We haven't really had a lot to bounce back from bar Munich, unless you maybe count throwing away a won game at Fulham. However when needed, or when we've been behind in a game, we've dusted ourselves down, sorted it out, and gone on to win or draw the game. IIRC we've been behind 5 times this season, Munich, Napoli, Villareal, Wolves and QPR. In the most recent 3 occasions we've won the game. We've even won with the last kick of the game.

Rest assured lads, we will NOT crush every team every week. But we are showing an unnerving (to every other team) efficiency to just win games. Whether behind, in front, stagnated, frustrated, playing well, playing shit. We've still got a lot to learn, but we're learning fast, very fast.

lastmanback said:
We were shit and no point hiding the fact, teams like this will be our downfall and that all boils down to attitude. We start games to slow and tempo is way to slow. Swansea, Fulham and QPR with a bit more luck or better forwards would all have beaten us. Our midfield is regularly over run by so called bottom teams. Our attacking players won't always bail us out

Yes, newly promoted teams will always have more of an English work ethic in their midfield, whereas we have a more pedantic(Garry Chuckle) european style one. It is a weak point!

45 years of gloryhunting said:
1st time this season we have been outplayed , QPR deserved a point , we were'nt at the races today , but its a sign of a great side when they can play shite and get 3 points. If we play like that against , Newcastle and Napoli we will get turned over.[/quo

If you are shouting for the underdog them QPR deserved a point.

If we dig deep like we did today then it bodes well for the likes of Napoli and Newcastle.

adrianr said:
QPR didn't deserve the 3 points against Chelsea and I'l be damned if I ever saw them having a good go at Spurs. I've only seen one team as poor going forward this season as QPR were that game, and that was Neverton at our place. And they weren't so much poor going forward, just had pretty much no desire too. They upped it for us, they'll be back to shite next week against whoever they're playing.

One thing that is quite interesting though, considering all this talk of Slurs teams bouncing back when down, etc etc.. Since being put in their place they've only actually scored 1 goal. Unfortunately getting in bed with the devil means days like today, they don't manage to score and still get 3 points. But I'd hardly call whatever they're doing right now 'bouncing back'. We haven't really had a lot to bounce back from bar Munich, unless you maybe count throwing away a won game at Fulham. However when needed, or when we've been behind in a game, we've dusted ourselves down, sorted it out, and gone on to win or draw the game. IIRC we've been behind 5 times this season, Munich, Napoli, Villareal, Wolves and QPR. In the most recent 3 occasions we've won the game. We've even won with the last kick of the game.

Rest assured lads, we will NOT crush every team every week. But we are showing an unnerving (to every other team) efficiency to just win games. Whether behind, in front, stagnated, frustrated, playing well, playing shit. We've still got a lot to learn, but we're learning fast, very fast.

Brilliant post!

MCC said:
City Raider said:
23 -

Passes before 3rd goal

Number of away goals we've scored (more than 16 other premier teams have scored in total)

A quality goal. I can`t wait to watch it again. Now we know that Yaya can catually jump!

This season:

Played 11 games in the league. We have won 10 and drawn 1. Our goal difference is +29. We are 5 points clear in the league.

Conclusion: Absolutely fucking brilliant.

I just love the fact that in a game where we were under the cosh, after they had equalised we didnt panic, in fact the opposite happened. We became more measured, patient, took the sting out of the game, produced are best bit of keep ball in the match and it ended with a goal. Great sign.

Just one query, small pitch, need good tight passers of the ball, quick
movement up and down, then why was kolorov preferd to Clichy ?

lastmanback said:

Oooops nearly fell for that...

lastmanback said:

Sorry I disagree with you there, we were not at our best granted, but not "Shit" we ground out a result whereas in the past we would have lost. QPR threw everything at us bar the kitchen sink, they have had a week off, we had played midweek and were without our Captain which I think has been overlooked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.